Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 1942 pigskin holster with the FULL maker mark. It is a E.G. LEUNER GmbH 1942 with a WaA # of 158 or 9. I know pigskin holsters are scarce but how many are out there with the full manf. name that we know of. Anyone got a idea? Thanks AJ

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
I know of just one other 1942 luger holster which still has the maker's mark in the clear and that holster is all cowhide leather. Your pigskin holster is mighty uncommon. Pictures would help to appreciate it even more.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well AJ, they made at least two.

Download Attachment: holster.jpg
108.47KB
Here is address from another very nice pigskin P08 holster made by “E.G. LEUNER GmbH”. Also marked “1942 “and in addition shows their location, the city of “BAUTZEN” . WaA present but not legible. Kinda contrary to the secret three letter code format.
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jcoe, Well we know now there are 2 of the full manf. name pigskins out there. I forgot to put on my message the name of the city "Bautzen was also under the name. The WaAs are also hard to read on the pigskins, mine does look like WaA 158 or 9. I will try to get a picture whenever I get my grandson with his camera over to take some and send them in, I have 3 bdq 41 pigskins and they are almost impossible to read the Waa number. Thanks for the reply. AJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.