Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely understand why the gun was not adopted by any major military if any at all to my knowledge. But was it actually a reliable gun? Judging by the direct feed angle, it stands to reason that it would actually be quite reliable. What was probably holding it back in my book is appalling ergonomics, price, complexity, and high recoil. I know next to nothing about the Borchardt though. And my understanding of mechanics and engineering is definitely not expert.

·
Registered
635 Posts
When the C93 hit the market, military interest in self-loading pistols was only just emerging - by the time military interest grew, the C93 was already obsolete - things were moving fast in self-loading pistol development back then.

In Switzerland, the C93 underwent extensive military testing in the summer of 1897. In essence, the Swiss authorities found the weapon to be functional and reliable. Its ballistic data and accuracy were satisfactory. However, the size and shape of the C93 were considered to be militarily unsuitable and it was for this reason that it was excluded from further testing. For the Swiss military, the C93 was more of a nice piece of sporting equipment than a military weapon.

Alexander

·
Registered
205 Posts
When the C93 hit the market, military interest in self-loading pistols was only just emerging - by the time military interest grew, the C93 was already obsolete - things were moving fast in self-loading pistol development back then.

In Switzerland, the C93 underwent extensive military testing in the summer of 1897. In essence, the Swiss authorities found the weapon to be functional and reliable. Its ballistic data and accuracy were satisfactory. However, the size and shape of the C93 were considered to be militarily unsuitable and it was for this reason that it was excluded from further testing. For the Swiss military, the C93 was more of a nice piece of sporting equipment than a military weapon.

Alexander
did you mean to say c96 wasnt sure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts