Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,023 Posts
I don't like that the swas doesn't touch the circle. Also the M is way too fancy..Fake in my Opinion.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Pete,

Thank you for posting these. I agree the second to the last causes me to pause. Others are hard to call because of the quality of the image. Have these all been verified as correct? A 1934 Mauser KM 4th Var. is the easiest to forge as it only bares this marking but the curves are hard to get right and there is some inconsistency due to wear of the cutting tool and template. I would question more than one of the ones shown.

To anyone looking to acquire KM marked examples I would recommend proceeding with caution.

Regards,

·
Registered
14,169 Posts
Hi Burgess,

Did not pay attention of which guns were authenticated or not. Just grabbed photos off the Net.

"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" probably applies here as well.

Some look like a more modern-day plasma/laser engraving machine at work.

Such variance would certainly make me chase down a Mauser pistol collector before opening up my wallet.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
No, The KM 1934s were acquired from commercial stock. serial numbers are random blocks. I have recorded many more commercial examples than military marked examples.

Regards,

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've bought this KM marked side plate on it's own. Any way to tell if it's real or if the KM markings are a later add on?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I've bought this KM marked side plate on it's own. Any way to tell if it's real or if the KM markings are a later add on?
Hate to tell you the chicken feet on your droop eagle remind me on the stork feet and chicken feet on some of the Krieghoffs but at least you did not have a ton of money in it.
Happy Hunting!
Peter

41 - 52 of 52 Posts