Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have this Luger in hand yet and just want to ask what y’all think about it. I don’t know if there are any tell tale signs that it’s a faked 41/42 Luger. All the numbers match and look legitimate. Just interested to see if y’all see something I don’t.
Wood Electric blue Metal Hardwood Composite material

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Bumper Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Bumper Gas

Hood Blue Azure Shotgun Bumper

Gas Wood Machine Electric blue Engineering

Blue Hood Tool Bumper Helmet

Wood Bicycle part Air gun Shotgun Trigger

·
Registered
881 Posts
The gun looks good to me. Karl, I think I see some numbering under the barrel in the 3rd photo down.
Tom is spot on...the gun is good...most 41/42's are found in the "n" & "o" letter suffix blocks.. most, but not all...yes...need a straight on look photo of the underneath of the barrel, though blurred number stamps are somewhat visible...

Edward

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'm not ready to jump because of the numbers on the frame, fonts don't match. Also looks like some off-set between frame & slide.
Metal removed?
The S/N underneath the barrel, and the S/N on the UPPER (Receiver, left - hand side) should match, in font - style...NOT to the numeral font - style on the front of the frame...this Parabellum is correct...

Edward

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
Just an observation, the terms fake or authentic. Its always authentic luger, even if it is boosted.

And, just let me ask, you've said, not in my hands? Are you asking us After you purchased it?
I think some books and study might help alleviate some concerns ahead of time. You've downloaded the FAQ and read all the threads on Mausers?

:)

Questions are good tho...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just an observation, the terms fake or authentic. Its always authentic luger, even if it is boosted.

And, just let me ask, you've said, not in my hands? Are you asking us After you purchased it?
I think some books and study might help alleviate some concerns ahead of time. You've downloaded the FAQ and read all the threads on Mausers?

:)

Questions are good tho...
I do not have it in hand nor have I officially purchased it. I have not downloaded anything off of the forum as of yet. What I know is from YouTube, this forum and other areas with pertinent and credible info on Lugers. I just know that 41-42 Lugers are much rarer and have in some cases to my knowledge have been faked because of that rarity. If I am mistaken, then that’s good to hear.

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
yeah - I am sure some were faked, but I don't know of any for regular 1940/42 lugers.
What is more likely to be faked are commercials made into other things like navies or a new rare variant. Not all fakes are cheap, but all fakes are usually expensive. If its very nice looking or has 'rare' markings, beware of it. But most lugers are more likely priced high because someone told them they saw one sell for $5000

1 - 20 of 41 Posts