Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presented here is a excellent unusual all matching rig which are becoming harder to find as time progresses. Trust it will be educational and well as entertaining.

Download Attachment: holster front.JPG
148.23KB

Download Attachment: holster rear.JPG
168.77KB

Download Attachment: holster serial number.JPG
139.12KB

Download Attachment: holster exposed.JPG
149.39KB

Download Attachment: holster markings.JPG
144.28KB If one can not read the markings, they are " A. Fischer, Berlin, C2, 1942" with NO police eagle B proof. Whether this is an oversight or intentional is not known but it is not without known similar examples. Regardless, it must be assumed that it was used by the police. Extraneous markings of Y.5095 is unknown and , once again, known similar markings have been observed on other police holsters whose purpose is not yet determined. Most likely a police inventory system [?].

Download Attachment: pistol left side.JPG
164.6KB

Download Attachment: pistol proofmark.JPG
158.05KB

Download Attachment: front grip strap.JPG
159.27KB

Download Attachment: pistol right side.JPG
134.68KB

Download Attachment: magazine serial.JPG
154.93KB

·
Registered
569 Posts
The markings inside are the personalized 'Laundry marks' used by American solders. It is the last 4 digits of your SN and the First letter of your last name!

This was often used as theft of such souvenirs was always a problem....that is why so many guys scratched their name/laundry marks/SN/Etc on the front of the holsters!

Now, of course, we all wish they hadn't done it!

Orv

Orvel Law Reichert
P O Box 67
Vader WA 98593
360-245-3492
360-245-3702 Fax
360-520-6520 Cel
[email protected]

quote........"Predictions are difficult, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra, Baseball player

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
John,

just stumbled across your thread, as I’m dealing with holsters made by A. Fischer. Check out this:

http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=4443

David was so kind to show pictures of his A. Fischer 1942 holster, which is exactly like a A. Fischer holster I bought just recently.

The interesting point of David’s holster:

It has an eagle right under “1942”. Very faint, but present. Well, I have the feeling, that there is an eagle present on mine also. – but I’m not certain, as there are only some traces which could be the remainders of an eagle.

Could you check your holster please? Maybe under magnification you will find an eagle there.

Bet regards

Martin

P.S: I liked to see your A. Fischer canvas holster for the Sauer H…..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
IMHO, I think there is an eagle stamp between the two 1s near the top .
It is touching the top of the 1 on the left.
I think I see it as I have been looking at the faint eagle marking on my A. Fischer 1942 marked holster.
It appears to be in approx. the same place as on my holster shown in the bottom photo.

David

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no police eagle or any other kind of stamping underneath the flap save for what one sees with the makers marks and date, whatever one tries as hard as he might. This I am certain of and Martin, all A,Fischer holsters are for the Mauser whether it be 1934 or HSc and not the Sauer as the Fischers have a slightly wider bottom to accommodate the Mauser's slide but was eliminated when HSc went into full production. The Sauer will fit but rigs or bring backs have shown the Fischer to have Mausers nearly all the time whereas the Schambach's and Sindel's did carry the Sauers almost exclusively. The lack of a police proof signifys to me, at least, that the holster was deverted to another receiving depot rather than Berlin.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
John,

thanks for your explanations. Well, in my holster never was anything in but a Sauer H.

BTW: I searched four hours for something what could have been an eagle marking but when I reached a state, where I saw eagles anywhere, I stopped it. There is no eagle – at least, nothing remained what could have been one.

Thanks to your holster we have a proof now, that a holster not having an acceptance marking is automatically a “commercial” holster. Yours is serialized to the pistol – so it is evidently no “commercial” holster.

BTW: This type of police holster also was used by army officers and troopers. I have a photo showing a Wehrmacht officer having such a police style holster. An other photo I saw on ebay shows a Mountain hunter soldier equipped with such a holster.

Best regards

Martin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the holster is similar but there are commercial versions of police style holsters available such as Otto Sindel,1943 so to me, there is always a element of doubt.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yes, the holster is similar but there are commercial versions of police style holsters available such as Otto Sindel,1943 so to me, there is always a element of doubt.
John,

sorry, but I don’t understand, if you are referring to my holster or to the holster shown in the photo. If the latter: it was just an example to show that this typical police style holster (strap down) also was used in the Army.

As far as “commercial” Sindel (and other) holsters are concerned: there were none for my opinion. I have myself a Sindel 1943 holster (in which a Sauer H was carried, of course) which does not have an eagle/B police acceptance. But this doesn’t make it a “commercial”.

But before Michael Buffer will shout “Let’s get ready to rumble!” a matter of definition:

My definition of “commercial” is: Mr. Everybody was able to buy something in a shop/was able to order it from a catalog. He went to a gun shop looked through the holsters and bought one. An Akah, for example.

OK, so far?

Now, I am aware of typical commercial holsters: unmarked or marked. The Akahs (except for some Theuermanns, maybe) are typical example for true commercial holsters: no maker name/address/year, but only a trademark. Geco would be an other example: unmarked, or just with “Geco”, or just a four digit Geco catalog number (I own such a holster with just a Geco catalog number).

The “official” holsters are different: maker name plus address plus year.

Is this useful to be sold in a shop? As I grew up in a gun shop (tough childhood, hu?) I know: no, it isn’t! As some items will stay in a shop…. eh… a little bit longer, a year of manufacture could be deadly, ‘cause a customer WILL say: “ah, so this item is so and so many years old? OK, I’ll give you 2 bucks and you should be happy!” And believe me, I know that: guns have a proof date today…… So, there is no date at all on any commercial item – for good reasons.

The “official” holsters (intended for Army or police) are different: Maker name plus address plus year. That there IS a difference you can see on the “Geco” holsters: the one for the Army do have “Genschow” (not “Geco”) plus address plus year (later with secret cod plus year). Nearly (!) every one of them has a WaA proof (and none of the commercial Akahs has one).

So, why are there Sindels with and without eagle? Well…. I don’t know. Maybe they were sold to (police or Army) officers through the internal shops of the police (army). But just take your Mauser Fischer holster: it has no eagle – but obviously it is no “commercial”.

Just some thoughts.

Regards

Martin

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I agree, too many times the word "commercial" is thrown about like Joe Snuff could walk in and buy whatever he wanted. Nothing could be further from the truth with this especially true in the Third Reich. One, a person needed a pistol permit from his local Gespato office to received his permit and only the good guys in white hats were ever approved.[ read party members ] And Yes, my Fischer holster would have been considered commercial save for it being numbered to a obvious police marked Mauser. Much is still to be learnt.............even for me !!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.