Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new holster at a local gun show yesterday.
I have the same type with a eagle proof matching to another HSc but that one does not show a proof mark except a interesting samp on the belt strap at the rearside. It was told to me by the owner, that it should be a Walther 1935 PP/PPk holster.
Does anybody know more about it?
The Hsc fit very well into it.
Also I puchased a new HSc (not the best condition but original and not reworked - was a hard day for my purse!!)
An interesting detail I recognized is that the serial number is in white colour and I be shure that that was made in the factory!
No military proofmarkings, just the test proofs "Eagle N".

Download Attachment: hsc holster außen.jpg
120.55 KB

Download Attachment: hsc holster flap.jpg
142.63 KB

Download Attachment: hsc holster stempel.jpg
141.2 KB

Download Attachment: hsc li.jpg
75.78 KB

Download Attachment: hsc nummer.jpg
42.85 KB

Download Attachment: hsc re.jpg
162.89 KB

·
Registered
833 Posts
Pisto,

I think the white color in the serial number was added by a owner to highlight and make it more visible. A lot of us do that especially to make it easier to see when we photograph pistols for display on this forum for example. I use a white crayon others use other whitening products like lacquer sticks, china marker, chalk, paint etc.

Nice holster and HSc. What do you have to do to purchase and take a pistol home with you from a gun show in Germany? What is the procedure law/legal wise? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I saw a holster with the same markings at the Tulsa Show over the weekend and was told by the owner that it is a Police marking...
Judging by the width of the neck of the holster - it appears to be an HSC holster.
Coincidently, bought a mint commercial HSC at the show, SN 798XXX, and the numbers were also filled in with off-white color paint - looked original, but who knows...

Val

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can agree with you all, regarding the white colour to make engravings more visible! I make that myself with white wax very easily. But in that case I be 100% shure that the gun never have seen collectors hands before me! Why should anybody take the time to colour just the searialnumber so nicely - and then a collector would colour the proof eagles also? (bought some Lugers with colour in every stamp)
Inside it was compleete dry, I was the first spending some oil on it, also removing the grips and cleaning it from some surface rust.

Orvel, and valbehaved, the stamp on the holster looks similar to a Police star, but Police stars are still different.
I came to the result that the 3 letters are probably meaning the maker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.