Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a newly acquired HSC Police Model in the 76,000 serial range (First Variation) Does anyone have information about dates of production for these? Thanks folks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Your HSc serial number is probably in the 760xxx range, not 76,xxx. If so, it was produced at Mauser Oberndorf in early 1942. Is your Police pistol accompanied by matching magazines and a Police holster?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alas, no. I have one mag and can't see that it is searialized, although it does bear the Mauser banner. Should there be a matching number on this? Thanks for your information and anything further you may know.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Generally, Mauser HSc pistols procured for the police during WWII included two magazines matched to the pistol, plus a black police holster. Your Mauser stamped magazine is from earlier HSc production. Assume your pistol is proofed on left side with Eagle/L.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is. By "matched" mags, I assume you mean numbered. I haven't noticed any numbers on mine. These guns are beautifully constructed, no?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.