Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Since Mauser HSc's generally weren't unit marked, perhaps the pistol was used by another country after the war. Hopefully, more information will surface.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hi

Over years I have owned 2 HScs with Zw on the grip strap. I have no basis to confirm my conjecture, but I have always guessed that they were issued to the former Saxon Polizei in Zwickau. Adler, I think you should have the HScs in your data. Perhaps Donmaus can add something. Some are just marked Zw. If some one has an original LAPO or Schupo pistol from Zwickau, you might compare the markings.

Shayne

·
Registered
490 Posts
Asking a lot of $$$ for a refinished HSc, with an unknown grip marking.

Joe

·
Registered
246 Posts
Shayne:
The only other ZW marked HSc in the database is a commercial, 782531, ZW 461. Do you have a record of the other? Perhaps we'll get more information from other collectors as well.
Peter

·
Registered
410 Posts
Some ten years ago I bought .30 M1 Carbine from Austrian Zollwache (Financial Guard, Customs Guard). This carbine was marked Z.W. (not Zw like Zwickau...) and XXXX number. All the Carbines from Zollwache (they are sold here in Czech Republic) were marked the same style.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's logical that WWII pistols/rifles could have been used by the Austrian customs (zoll) service. Does anybody have a clue regarding the "W"?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
ADler,

Fred still has the Zw HSc I sold him. As I remember the Zw doea not have periods between the letters.

See if he'll send a photo of the grip strap.

Shayne

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Shayne:
The only other ZW marked HSc in the database is a commercial, 782531, ZW 461. Do you have a record of the other? Perhaps we'll get more information from other collectors as well.
Peter
Peter,

not a Mauser HSc, but a Sauer model H, SN 327187, having Waffenamt marking e/37 and on front grip strap

Z W

So, as inventory number 474 is close to 461 on the HSc, it seems, the Austrian customs took any pistol available short after the war.

Regards

Martin

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts