Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody observed or in his collection a hybrid Reichsrevolver as pictured?
Need more serial numbers. Have only found 3.

It is not a custom made type, but manufactured by the Consortium Suhl.
All parts are matching.

Download Attachment: Hybrid .jpg
259.42KB

G

·
Heinrich,

I've just found another odd M79 type revolver for sale. It has a shorter barrel, two seperate, checkered grips with no buttplate, numbered " 27 " on all parts. It is also made by the Suhl consortium.

Download Attachment: Another odd one..jpg
87.99KB

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peter,
I have also found this type in the net, but it seems to be rather expensive.
Nevertheless an intersting piece. Once made for the officer's market when the smaller M/83 was not yet in production.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,726 Posts
Please, Heinrich, explain to me (new to Reichsrevolvers but anxious to learn), what makes this a "hybrid"? Is it the "old" type of release (1879) on a "new" (1883) model? Also, when will your book be available to us in America? I have contacted Mr. Bob Adams and he says he has not received any as yet from the printer.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Herb,
To my novice eyes, the features that make it a hybrid are the M79 type barrel (possibly a little shorter than normal?) with the M83 bag shaped grip.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drbuster,
The publisher had problems with the bookbindery. The people told me that they start this week and all orders will be shipped before Christmas.
Bob Adams has ordered a larger quantity for the US market and I don't know how the pallet has been shipped. Either by sea or air cargo.
If by a vessel then you can imagine how long it takes.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,726 Posts
Thanks Heinrich. Bob has promised to let me know when they arrive. There appears to be such an interest over here in this book that I'm sure we all would like confirmation they have been shipped if you are able to let us know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.