Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a couple pics of a few of the Radom/VIS35s that were left to me from my dad's collection.

The first pic contains two 1939 Polish Eagles and one pre-alpha with mismatched frame and slide serial #s.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Material property

The next pic contains two from the 2/H block

Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry

This next pic contains four from the 2/K block

Wood Font Gun accessory Rectangle Metal

And finally here is a pic of the 2/J block that I had referenced in Northyuma's original post.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I am seriously enjoying researching and discussing these...I actually read through William York's VIS Radom book (almost cover to cover) last night because I couldn't put it down. :) It is so interesting to compare the Polish manufactured to the early German ones and to the late German ones and see all of the differences.

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
I took a couple pics of a few of the Radom/VIS35s that were left to me from my dad's collection.

The first pic contains two 1939 Polish Eagles and one pre-alpha with mismatched frame and slide serial #s.

View attachment 682328

The next pic contains two from the 2/H block

View attachment 682330

This next pic contains four from the 2/K block

View attachment 682329

And finally here is a pic of the 2/J block that I had referenced in Northyuma's original post.

View attachment 682331

I am seriously enjoying researching and discussing these...I actually read through William York's VIS Radom book (almost cover to cover) last night because I couldn't put it down. :) It is so interesting to compare the Polish manufactured to the early German ones and to the late German ones and see all of the differences.

Thanks for looking!
Thank you for sharing, great examples!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Have you encountered a wooden stock??? I have yet to see one in the flesh....surely someone we know must have one.

This is a Star, but the Radom must look similar. Couldn't find other pictures and I have to go to a Racers meeting in a minit!!!

PJH

Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Font

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you encountered a wooden stock??? I have yet to see one in the flesh....surely someone we know must have one.

This is a Star, but the Radom must look similar. Couldn't find other pictures and I have to go to a Racers meeting in a minit!!!

PJH

View attachment 682372
I have not. I don't know if my dad did, but I am guessing not because he probably would have tried to add it to his collection.

That is a nice Star!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Modarson,
Could you please look at the 2/Hblock's and say if they have the pictured marking.
Thank you.
Automotive tire Wood Artifact Art Font

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Hessian, the H97xx serial looks to have that marking (pic below), but the H79xx does not. What is the significance of that marking?

View attachment 682377
Thank you for checking yet on my phone it's not possible to see the pic you posted. One of my 2/H block has the same marking, sadly I don't know specifically if it has any major significance but I haven't found it on any of my P.35(p)'s. I suspect korona45 of all people might know. What is interesting is that you have an H 97xx and I have a H97xx with this marking. I'll pm you to take this a bit farther.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for checking yet on my phone it's not possible to see the pic you posted. One of my 2/H block has the same marking, sadly I don't know specifically if it has any major significance but I haven't found it on any of my P.35(p)'s. I suspect korona45 of all people might know. What is interesting is that you have an H 97xx and I have a H97xx with this marking. I'll pm you to take this a bit farther.
I have three Radoms in the 2/H block, but with much lower serial numbers than yours and none of mine have this stamp. I discussed this with a very knowledgeable friend and it is of our opinion that this is a late war inspector stamp.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts