Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The BBT brought this yesterday. I'd been looking for a good Duo for awhile and finally found one I liked. SN 105945, 99% blue, mint bore, very dark brownish red grips, good marks (note, however, the "H" in Oportschno is broken, anybody else have one with this broken stamp used on it?)
Now I need to find a German holster for it. Any place to look?

Download Attachment: Myduo.jpg
84.24KB

Download Attachment: Myduo 002.jpg
86.04KB

Download Attachment: myduodate.jpg
54.05KB

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tom-

By a quirk of luck, my DUO is numbered exactly 100 after yours.
As you can see, mine is not nearly in the same nice condition.
However, the letter 'H' on it is also missing its lower half:

Download Attachment: DUOcloseup.JPG
20.18KB

Download Attachment: DUOandHolster.JPG
179.12KB
As for this holster, I found it at the same show & same day
as the pistol. It fit well, so I figured it's "Close Enough!"

Regards,

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rich, neat that your's is so close! I notice that it is also missing the second ' in the inverted quote marks before the Duo name also, just like mine. Guess they made a few before they bothered replacing the roll stamp.
Holster is very nice. The only Duo holster I have photos of didn't have a mag pouch on it like yours does.
The Browning little .25 mags seem to be nearly identical*, so I may get one of those for shooting.

* In a roundabout way... I tried the Duo mag in a Spanish Paramount, which is a cheap copy of the Browning, and the Duo mag worked in it, so I conclude that Browning mags should work in the Duo!!! Probably!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hi Tom. I'm still new to the set-up of this forum and should have congratulated you alot sooner. That is one nice little pistol! Have you shot it yet? Mine shoots great. I think they are very nicely made and should hold-up for a long time. I wish mine was in as good as shape as yours is! Take care! Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave, yep, by pure coincidence, my new burn barrel happened to need a lot of holes for ventilation just after this little gun arrived! .25 bullets work very well for this as they will go right thru the first side of a 55 gal drum but will break up entirely on the inside of the second side. Funny how there is always a reason to shoot a new gun!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Well, let me tell you, Tom, I ducked out to the range Sunday to try a new load in my DUO. I used Winchester Self-defense, expanding-tip .25cal with the little BB in the end for proper feeding. I was hitting a 10" square metal sillouette at 25 yards maybe 50%-60% of the time without REALLY trying - free hand!!!! Dang was I impressed! I just love this little DUO! Glad you found a use for yours also!! Take care. Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.