Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across a German air pistol with some unusual markings stamped on the butt of the pistol. They appear to be "lb/sl". The air pistol was made between 1927-1930 and the "1586" is the serial number for the air pistol. I have come across over 700 examples of these air pistols but I don't recall seeing this stamping on any of the pistols. There is also the number "948" stamped in the wooden grip. Someone said they thought these might be German Police markings with 948 being the inventory number. Any insight or information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
This is a duplicate post of the one you placed in the "New Collectors Board". I responded to that one.
Ron

·
Registered
70 Posts
This Haenel 28 air pistol was modeled after a Luger so the idea that this may have been a trainer does make sense if these markings have any German military, police connection? Hoping the expertise here would possibly know their meaning.

·
Registered
974 Posts
This Haenel 28 air pistol was modeled after a Luger so the idea that this may have been a trainer does make sense if these markings have any German military, police connection? Hoping the expertise here would possibly know their meaning.
Actually, the idea you propose really doesnt make any sense. The use of sub-caliber devices by both the military and police was intended to familiarize recruits/trainees with the handling of the weapons they would use in duty. Handling an air pistol certainly would not accomplish that requirement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts