Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend of mine picked up a luger holster marked with a Crown III on the back with a BA with a number he can't read [clothing depot],which I thought was imperial, but p241 in the wiemar book shows a modified police wiemar He would like to know where was it made and when thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Even if your friend's holster was modified in the manner as shown on the holster pictured at page 241 of Weimar and Early Nazi Lugers then it would have been manufactured during the Imperial Period. It should have a maker mark and a date stamped somewhere; on the back or possibly under the flap on the front of the holster. Without a better description or pictures that is the best that I can do for you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Definitly an Imperial holster. The Crown III mark on the back is the key. Because it is a military holster, as Garfield stated above, it should have a manufacturer's mark and date on it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, the next thing i need to know is who made it ,the holster has no other markings, i think this marking was mentioned some time ago in " AUTOMAG "[NAPCA NEWSLETTER] thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts