Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
249 Posts
Now that I have better photographic equpment, I thought that I would post some better quality images of my three pistols described above:

The Crown/"M" example-

Download Attachment: JagerImpPrfM.JPG
196.77 KB

Download Attachment: JagerImpPrfM2.JPG
23.87 KB

The Crown/"L" example-

Download Attachment: JagerImpPrfL.JPG
183.13 KB

Download Attachment: JagerImpPrfL3.JPG
15.39 KB

The Austrian Commercial Proofed example-

Download Attachment: JagerAusPrf.JPG
168.52 KB

Download Attachment: JagerAPcloseup.JPG
104.02KB

Rich M.

· Registered
249 Posts
Thanks for sharing that, Fritz!

The Jager pictured in Ian Hogg's German Pistol Book, number 5522 always looked to me as being Crown - M Imperial acceptance stamped, as well. Incidentally, that also helps pin down the serial range when the location of the S/N was changed from the right side to the left, as #5522 is marked on the lefthand.

Rich M.

· Registered
7,581 Posts
I have been tracking these Jager posts, and it appears that 5167 is the lowest serial number so far for the two-pin variation as well as the lowest number with Imperial acceptance mark (58 serial numbers reported to date).

Woops...correction! I just went back and noticed the anomolous #785 and #1274 having two pins. That seems awfully early for these two examples to have two pins, and then no more examples until the 5000 range.

G

·
Had to go back a page to find this thread again. Tonight at the Houston Gun Collectors Assoc. meeting I had the chance to observe a Jager. I copied the following info for Jan's list.
SN 8156, two pin, Imperial acceptance mark (however, I had no magnifier and could not make out the letter with these poor eyes.)
I then lamented to a friend that the gun was not for sale, whereupon he pulled out a list of guns he was offering for an old, ill friend. This list contained a Jager in the 91xx serial range, with original holster, original magazine and in 90%+ condition. I have now commited my next two months toy budget and put this gun on hold. In May, I will add the info and pics of MY new Jager!

· Registered
249 Posts
Congratulations TexasVet-

Your new purchase sounds to be in better condition than any of mine above. Please be sure to post some photos once your Jager pistol arrives. #8156 may well be a Crown/L similar to my #8749. Thanks for sharing with us!

Rich

· Registered
7,581 Posts
Jan,
As I was adding #8156 to my database I discovered I have one more serial number on my list that is not included in yours:
6630 Imperial Accepted, Two Pin Variation, riveted slide, Crown/M
Ron

· Registered
25 Posts
Hello members, very interesting information here, my friend could find a torso of a jager pistol, unfortunally there were many parts lost, the main spring,grips, screws and trigger lever, fire pin,and magazin. Is there any schemas what looks the parts like? the large screws are M4,5 metric or Withworth? Thanks for any hints and links. The serial number is 1038x, this piece lightly rusted, same serials on all parts, its proofed with NPv, 38xx.17 on slide. best regards,Andy

· Registered
930 Posts
I have Jaeger serial 9078 in my collection for some time now. At least two previous postings on this particular Jaeger state that it does not have an Imperial proof. This is not correct. It has a Crown R on the left frame between the two pins and screw--not a recent addition. It is a bit worn but still clear and legible. The two mags with this Jaeger are numbered 9606 and 9121, in case anyone has these pistols.

· Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Herman
Table above and CPP Erratum corrected:
Page 206 line 40 replace “9078, Jäger, not Imperial accepted, two pin” with “9078, Jäger, Imperial accepted C/R, two pin”
Thanks for pointing this out.
Jan

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.