Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a copy of Jan's book "Imperial Lugers and their Accessories" and I was wondering if anyone has heard if Mr. Still plans another printing of this volume. The last one I saw was priced well over a hundred dollars but the real shocker is the one I now see on Ebay. It is a Jan Still's book "Imperial Lugers, collecting and price guide". It is described as a smaller book, soft cover and 10 pages. Clearly printed on the front cover is the original price of $4.00 but the bidding has driven the price up to $127.50!

$127.50 for a 10 page booklet?????

·
Administrator
15,542 Posts
I think they believe it is the book Imperial Lugers... If not, then they are a bit misguided, as there are two on abebooks.com for $13.95 and $33.95.

But, since this is Jan Still's site, well, you could always ask him....

PS... the cheapest the book is going for is $333.00! But then, are they getting that price?

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
John
I have not revised the price guides because I have not kept up with the prices. The price guides are long out of print and the prices are dated; probably not worth $4.00 much less $127.50.

Imperial Lugers will probably be reprinted this summer. Pricing depends on printing costs but for sure will be much lower than $333.
Jan

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Jan, how many printings have there been? Are you planning any revisions or additions in the upcoming printing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jan,
Should we pre-order for the summer re print? I too have been looking for a copy of "Imperial Lugers and have drawn a complete blank.
Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jan;

Your book "Imperial Lugers" is NO longer available, not even in the used book market. One sold on eBay today for $380, and before the day ended, the one used copy available from Amazon, listed at $383, was gone.

Is there any chance that you will request your publisher to undertake a second printing?

Thank you, Mark

·
Administrator
15,542 Posts
Mark, intersting first post! Welcome to the forum!

Not to speak for Jan, but he has told me he plans on republishing after he gets his next book out, so I would guess not in the next year (costs money to republish :) )

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.