·
Silver Bullet Member
901 Posts
Klaus, here are some more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
This is a good start! I may say thank you to the friends who will make it possible to get all the infos we need to write a good artikel.
I will not forget to answer for photos of Weimar Navy tools!
Thanks again Klaus

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
Post your Luger tool photos

As stated in a previous post. Klaus has requested photos of Luger tools.

I believe that a study of Luger tools would be beneficial to all of us. The variations in markings and design could bring to light a whole new aspect of collecting, and quite possibly, previously unknown information.

Ron

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Half of the active members were looking this thread. But only a hand full was so interested on it and showed here their tools- it is a pity.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Dear Klaus, here are my Imperial tools. The third is part of a Polizei Rig with a 1929 DWM (I have posted the Rig in the Forum as A complete rig for Polizei).
Saluti
Giuliano

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Giuliano,
the acceptance mark on the first and third tool are the same. It is the crown/ V and the most often obsurved Imperial tool of Erfurt produktion. The C/ V tool is the a bit unusual because the acceptance mark on this tool can not be find on the Lugers.
The second is a crown / Z. It is one of the earliest tools for DWM on goes with the first issue and 1910 dated Lugers.
But the fourth is not correct. The tool itself is a third Reich tool made after 1935. I would not wonder if you could find parts of a Third Reich acceptance mark under the faked Imperial acceptance mark. There is an Imperial acceptance mark on correct Imperial tools which is the C/U and this one is looking nearly like the faked on your fourth tool.
Regards Klaus

Dave Lindsay is working on an article about all kind of tools. If I remember correct is he on page 22 of his article and has done about half of the work.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Dear Klaus, thank you for your always clear explanations. The fourth tool can not remember where I found, but I also had some doubts about the C/gotic letter. About the "3.2" I can not tell anything.
Where can I find news about the article wrote by Dave Lindsay when it is finished ?
Cordialissimi saluti
Giuliano

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
569 Posts
Imperial/Commercial tools

Klaus , attached are my two (imperial+ ?Weimar era?) commercial tools.
Regards/Jerry C

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Klaus, this the only original tool I have.
My Manage Attachments Button is not responding, and can't upload picture. Any Help please

Ok I managed..to upload
It is a DWM crown/ E. This goes with first issue Lugers and was used up to 1911. It is not very common.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Klaus , attached are my two (imperial+ ?Weimar era?) commercial tools.
Regards/Jerry C
Jerry,
your first one has the same acceptance mark like Giuliano´s first one, the crown / V.
The second is a fake. The mark on the tool is looking like the commercial power proof stamp on the Lugers. The faker has not much knowledge about stamps.
Best regards Klaus

1 - 20 of 252 Posts