Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will introduce myself. I am Phillip E. Grammer and I am renovating a house my friend purchased with the contents. Everything is vintage and antique. There's probably 7-8 boxes of Mauser ammunition. Mr Weaver was a brilliant man and was collecting this great stuff back as a Boy Scout 60's, and his father before. Oh I my WW1 Dog tags were his. Unfortunately, two not so good guys got the guns.....but We have parts for either a Mauser or a garand I'd believe. 303 British, Garand Mauser and of course that Colt M1911, or Colt 1911 a single-action, semi-automatic, .45 caliber. I dont own one, but I'd love to. Probably Case of .45's military surplus Actually, I have not spoke to anyone outside family about selling anything much less all the Militaria. Well, I would be much appreciative if anyone had any advice on the best way to sell any of this awesome "history". Who cant like History? Oh, I have a PECAR BERLIN Pristine Scope box for a CH-S 6 X 45. Zeiss Diavari 3-9x36T , Sightron SII 35-10 x 42mm. Mr Weaver was into weapons, and there's boxes og vintage and antique grease, oil, cleaners...oh yeah. Nevertheless, friends I am just sharing bc this first time I have so any guidance or interest please let me know. I cant renovate until I liquidate the contents. Thank you for your time, and your very informative courteous comments, almost wants to make me keep all those books and learn and engage ......more people should. Life is more than watching TV or looking at a phone....Amen"! [email protected] ...again, My sincerest apologies and deepest regrets if I broke etiquette, but knowing someone is appreciating these pieces of history is always the most rewarding, and no doubt you folks would!! Regards and remember.."In all your Being, Be a Blessing"

·
Administrator
13,820 Posts
well, welcome, although I can't tell if you are from Nigeria or truly an american :)

Not sure, are you trying to sell something? Because that requires 25 postings.

Reactions: Hoya74

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
:)

I'm still waiting for my Nigerian bride.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think Phillip is no doubt a red, white and blue American.

Phillip there is a recently implemented rule on here that you can't post military items for sale on the Trader Board until after you make at least 25 posts. Moderators did this to ward of spam.

Check out the trader board by clicking on the button between the "New" caption and your avatar at the top.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Where in Texas are you located?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Phillip is no doubt a red, white and blue American.

Phillip there is a recently implemented rule on here that you can't post military items for sale on the Trader Board until after you make at least 25 posts. Moderators did this to ward of spam.

Check out the trader board by clicking on the button between the "New" caption and your avatar at the top.
Thank you so much, I asked the question about the book price and I got carried away. And friends I dont I exaggerate or inflate anything..... not at the least...this is been a neat summer. We went through 3 generations of personal property. We found a 1918 48 star flag as well. On a rafter in the shed, so its not pristine, but way cool. PISTOL...I thank you and I love the forum. History is awesome much less Military and weaponry. I am Phillip E Grammer on Facebook...I am a good guy. I author Kingdom Trading on FB and try to be a blessing. I only came to the Forum to ask why the Book was so expensive and now find I have 3 here at my house ....45 .70 Springfield by Joe Poyer and Craig Riesch. Ill be back in Irving working mid week and I'm going to get all these books sorted and researched. It's what I said...nothing more nothing less. Nevertheless, I wish you well friends. I may and have a feeling I will be back..because I enjoy good conversation about this genre most of all. Enjoy your weekend and tell a family member you love them. Of course they know, but they just may need to hear it..... Ya just never know what anyone at anytime may be going through. Regards to you all

·
Registered
523 Posts
How many luger books did you aquire? You could probably sell them on this trader forum once you reach the 25 post threshold requirement.

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
Philip, welcome to the forum. This forum specializes in Luger and other European handguns, It is a more specialized forum than many others and not focused on the firearms that you've mentioned in your posts above.

When you are ready to sort, photograph and market the contents you acquired with this home, some of it may be appropriately interesting to members of this forum. Take the interim time to get to know our focus and interests.

Best of luck as you discover the history the owner valued and preserved in his home.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Phillip - Welcome! There is an amazing depth and breadth of knowledge here of which I am only beginning to scratch the service. I think most forum members would agree that whatever amount of time you put into the forum (sharing “discoveries”, posting pics, etc) you will receive many times more in return. It sounds like you have a great many items and I certainly look forward to seeing and reading more about them.
Suggestion on the “25” post minimum to list on the Traders Board: I think most people don’t like to see “fluff” posts which appear to be made for the sole purpose of being able to list on the Trader Board. You have so many items to identify and learn about, if you will make substantive, “real” posts, the other forum members will see you are here not just to access a potentially good marketplace in which to sell, but to contribute as well.
Just my $.02, and again, welcome!

JGW

·
Registered
523 Posts
Phillip - Welcome! There is an amazing depth and breadth of knowledge here of which I am only beginning to scratch the service. I think most forum members would agree that whatever amount of time you put into the forum (sharing “discoveries”, posting pics, etc) you will receive many times more in return. It sounds like you have a great many items and I certainly look forward to seeing and reading more about them.
Suggestion on the “25” post minimum to list on the Traders Board: I think most people don’t like to see “fluff” posts which appear to be made for the sole purpose of being able to list on the Trader Board. You have so many items to identify and learn about, if you will make substantive, “real” posts, the other forum members will see you are here not just to access a potentially good marketplace in which to sell, but to contribute as well.
Just my $.02, and again, welcome!

JGW

It would probably take a while to make 25 "substantive" posts for a newcomer. We have some that lurked for years and do not have 25 posts, let alone 25 "substantive" posts.

Perhaps the rule could be relaxed for Phillip since it is obvious he is not a "Nigerian or "Russian" bot/spammer. Was that not the purpose of the 25 post rule?

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
We have the rule in place for good reasons. Even with the rule, it's always possible for someone to think that we deserve enough attention to persist and then push through to some scam activity. Just be warned and aware. Also know that your moderators don't control or vet transactions here.

The scam activity across gun boards on the Internet right now is extremely high. On other boards I participate in we just shut down the commerce sections altogether because of increases in activity.

There is no reason to change our forum rules in this area for any single individual. Nothing is obvious about any member based on their posts. In each individual case you must make judgements before acting, and then you are at risk, not the board owners or moderators.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,375 Posts
The logical way for this gentleman to gain the 25 post minimum is to post some items for discussion. If I didn't have a giant pile of holsters to repair I could post 25 in a day or so of idling time.

Reactions: JGW
1 - 12 of 12 Posts