Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
If it is presented to you as an original Luger, sorry, it is not.

If it is an acknowledged reblued gun, and priced so, then it is your choice.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
For this.... I am counting how many silver coins that I have to sell to buy this one...

For reblued gun pricing, I am not good. I seldom trade reblued guns. I heard other collectors saying 800 to 1200. So, 800? That is about 20 Brilliant Uncirculated ASE silver coins.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
For this category, the most important factor is the gun working or not. Other factors not important IMO. Some people care it's matching or not, but that is a minor factor in this context.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,245 Posts
What is the owner asking for it?

·
10,245 Posts
No..Not what I would call even close. Not only re blued but the left side has been scrubbed/abused. You can do much better with $1,500.

Reactions: TTM556

·
10,245 Posts
If I were considering this pistol, I would want to field strip it..closely inspect all of the parts and the bore condition. Oil it good, then run a magazine or two through it to satisfy myself that IS actually a viable shooter. If it passes that test, it SHOULD be worth a thousand. The re bluing doesn't look like the finisher fell asleep on the polishing wheel..Many of us have bought the first Luger to come close to us. Sometimes a bargain but many times the lure overcomes our cautions. Be cautious. A thousand bucks is still after tax hard earned money. It's not really spent...IF the pistol you buy is a good one. You will likely get it back someday and have enjoyed a nice pistol in the mean. Due diligence is important. This IS a shooter so make SURE it shoots.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Maybe $1k is acceptable, depends on the level of anxiety due to waiting and searching..

1k...

The C&R market is going up this year. Back a few years ago, the following gun in near mint condition came to me at exactly $1k. Nowadays, it must have higher value because I saw dealers listing lower condition ones for higher price. Not a Luger, but the overall market is up.

Attachments

·
10,245 Posts
You didn't miss anything.

Reactions: TTM556
21 - 35 of 35 Posts