Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
American Eagle Liger and 1920 Commercial
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inherited 2 Mauser, Red 9 and 7.65 with broom handle. How do I find out more information about them?

·
2,667 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very nice commercial "American Eagle" Luger. Imported to the USA... Boehler steel if I'm not incorrect. Looks all original matching and in original finish. Very collectible.

Is it in 9mm or .30 Luger caliber?

Check out our FAQ PDF for some background reference information.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum. Very nice commercial "American Eagle" Luger. Imported to the USA... Boehler steel if I'm not incorrect. Looks all original matching and in original finish. Very collectible.

Is it in 9mm or .30 Luger caliber?

Check out our FAQ PDF for some background reference information.
9mm I beleive

·
2,667 Posts
You'll find comparison photos in the FAQ PDF.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Given, the barrel profile, most probably 9 mm. It is called by collectors Luger Model 1906 American Eagle.
As said above, this one is in very nice condition and it is a desirable gun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Given, the barrel profile, most probably 9 mm. It is called by collectors Luger Model 1906 American Eagle.
As said above, this one is in very nice condition and it is a desirable gun.
Thank you. I am very fortuante. My Dad was an ardent collector of all types of firearms but the Lugers were his favorite.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Thank You. New to group but here are some pictures View attachment 644943 View attachment 644949
A very rare and fine condition M1906 American Eagle Luger for export to the USA around 1910-1912 as a special order item with a Boehler (stainless) steel barrel which is seldom seen. Does the pistol have a wood bottom magazine marked in script 'Cal. 9 m/m'?

Can you also post images of the two Mauser pistols that you inherited from your Dad? Does the 'Red 9' have its matching stock and leather harness?

Cheers,
Albert

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Allen,
You do indeed have an outstanding specimen of a 1906 American Eagle Luger! The barrel is not Böhler steel, the marking for such a barrel would be . The circled B marking was used as a receiver proof on the 1906 Brazilian contract Luger, and for some reason a DWM barrel inspector subsequently chose to use it as his acceptance mark (it is not a left-over barrel from the Brazilian contract as that would be a 4.75-inch barrel in .30 caliber). Congratulations on your inheritance!
Ron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts