Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
I agree with Pancho; Waffenamts are not proof marks and proof marks are not acceptance marks. To use the two terms interchangeably is incorrect and would be only something that I would expect from a person either not familiar with this area of collecting or simply lazy. The use of proper terminology is very important. While it may seem pedantic to expect the proper terms to be used, if this simple rule is not followed, then communication is extremely labored or a total waste of time. Again, my opinion, only.

Having said that, I do not mean to imply that I do not fail in this effort from time to time.

· Registered
413 Posts
Originally posted by Heinz
Would we call Imperial inspectors acceptance marks "proofs" or Waffenamps?
I would call itand acceptance mark/stamp. No doubt 'inspector's mark' is also acceptable.

The term "proof" is a very complex term. The meaning depends upon the context in which it is used. Again, depending on the context, very specific meanings are assigned to the term.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.