1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,727 Posts
Jerry, looks exactly like the two posted by Charlie on 1/29 and 1/30, a converted Reichsrevolver holster. Will watch the bidding closely and I will be there!

·
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drbuster, I thought so too but looked sort of Mickey Mouse, like it was done by an apprentice. Didn't have the best photo's though, so I couldn't see it all that well. Would likt to see it close up and in more detail. Jerry Burney

·
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
drbuster, I would like to get my hands on this one for a close up look. It appears to be a rudementary holster. Not molded well at all, neither the top or the body. I suspect because this was made from another holster altogether. I can't tell from the photo's if it is a Reichrevolver conversion. I don't believe so because the top flap has been sewn on seperately. Also no holes appear to be on the front. I took a second look and can see some holes near the lifting strap.It would be fascinating to me to take a good look at the method of repair on the top and body, where the holster has been extended. Hard to tell exactly without a hands on inspection. Interesting though....Jerry Burney

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Jerry, you may be able to inspect this holster shortly.

·
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
George, I better start being careful what I wish for....Holsters like this intrique me . It is certainly an early attempt at holster conversion and holds some fascinating period leatherwork. Thanks for thinking of me. Jerry Burney

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
Jerry, got something for you in Louisville last week. I will call soon to discuss. Bought a pair of lanyards "for a song" the likes of which you have seen before.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,727 Posts
Well, this interesting "conversion" luger holster went today on e-bay for a staggering $344.35! I was way overbid by "blucreek", whomever he (or she) is. I was surprised that George was apparently trampled also in the bidding. What is also upsetting is that Jerry may not get a chance to examine this specimen, unless of course "blucreek" is really one of us and will "share", perhaps with some closeup photos. One can only hope.

·
11,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
George, Sounds exciting...Let me know and I can call you if you like. I suspected this holster might go pretty high because of it's early origins. These interestings specimens are rare and desirable to the right party.They are not in my bugetary range however. I am afraid the details I want to see cannot satisfy my curiosity with photo's. You are right, one can only hope! Jerry Burney

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,230 Posts
I will post photos of the lanyards on the lanyard post I started some months ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.