Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
have this holster several years in my collection, and decided now to introduce it to the forum:
Maker: J.Meckart
UlM A/D => city of Ulm an der Donau
JR 127 = Infanterieregiment 127 located in Ulm

Download Attachment: 1.jpg
54.51 KB

Download Attachment: 3.jpg
75.21 KB

Download Attachment: 2.jpg
49.74 KB

Download Attachment: stempel.jpg
52.54 KB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Roland
Excellent photographs and presentation of your 1915 dated 127 JR stamped holster with cloth pull up strap.

I have 1908 DWM, sn 1173, that is stamped to the same unit (127. R. 9.3.). If you ever decide to sell this holster please let me know as it would fit very well with this Luger.
Jan

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jan, so the "cloth pull up staps" are not too uncommon? I never saw them before.
This holster has a special history: I got it for making a pair of checkered walnut grips for a Mauser Zick-Zack revolver, from a collector - that was really hard work, and I think it has been remunerated for us both?
The Zick-Zack is unfortunatedly already sold, so I can not show the grips anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Pisto
Illustrated is a 1915 dated holster, same manufacture as yours, also marked to a Wurttenburg unit.

Download Attachment: 1.G.D.LUGERS44.jpg
49.09KB
Figure 1. End of cloth pull up strap.

Download Attachment: 1.G.D.LUGERS43.jpg
44.97KB
Figure 2. Cloth pull up strap. Other holsters with similar manufacturing stamp and 1915 date have been reported with a cloth pull up strap.

Download Attachment: 1.G.D.LUGERS42.jpg
62.13KB
Figure 3. Manufacturers hallmark dated 1915.

Download Attachment: 1.G.D.LUGERS41.jpg
32.93KB
Figure 4. Holster ink stamp D.R.25./1915 : Wurttenburg Dragoon Regiment 25, 1915 date.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Pisto and Jan
Here is another cloth pull strap holster by same maker with unit markings.

Download Attachment: outside.jpg
67.38KB
Maker is also J. Meckart or J.M.Eckart,lederwarenfabrik,Ulm/Donau. Latter is address used by Klaus Merzbach in his extensive list of holster makers that was published in Auto Mag a few years ago.

Download Attachment: maker.jpg
76.21KB
Inside lid is original owners signature and a unit stamped mark.

Download Attachment: unit1.jpg
62.91KB
I will leave the unit identification to the experts. Is this also a
Wurttenburg unit?
John

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
John
XIII A.K. signifies the 13th Wurttenburg Army Korps.
?R.122 signifies the Wurttenburg 122 Regiment. I am not sure of the first letter. Both "F" and L are possibilities as there was a 122 Fusilier Regiment and a 122 Landwehr Regiment.
Jan

·
Registered
727 Posts
Thanks Jan, This is obviously an awfully small sample to draw any conclusions, but one gets the impression that a high proportion of holsters from this maker in 1915 were unit marked and by Wurttenburg units.Could this have been some kind of special order from the holster maker?
John

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems that this topic will become a parade of the most beautiful holsters ?
found this picture in the web:
Infanterie-Regiment Alt-Württemberg (3. Württemb.) Nr. 121, from Ludwigsburg
=>Ludwigsburg is approx. 80 miles N/W from Ulm. (have had much Military struktures)
and a picture of the 121 badges.

Download Attachment: Württemberg 121 Ludwigsburg.jpg
56.4 KB

Württembergs chrest in solid iron:
"Fearless and faithful"

Download Attachment: württemmberg2.jpg
84.37 KB

Download Attachment: 121 schulterstücke.jpg
66.88KB

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
John
The XIII (Wurttenburg) Army Corps District consisted of the State of Wurttenburg. Holsters for the various regiments were almost always purchased within the regiments Army Corps district. As Ulm is in the XIII district, almost all Army Luger holsters produced at J.Meckart, UlM A/D would go to Wurttenburg Regiments.

If you have a Luger marked to a Wurttenburg Regiment, a holster produced within the XIII Corps district (main cities: Stuttgart,Ulm, Lugwigsburg,and Tubingen) is a good match.
Jan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.