Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Sir ------ Yeah, I'd like to have "one hundred" of the Test Trials repro Lugers. . But at their cost and my age I guess I'll just have to be happy with the "ONE" that is coming. Do you have one of them ?? I took a photo of the 1907 Model repro in the LugerMan web site and I'm attaching it below. Hope it comes through Okay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Looking for Artillery Luger
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You made a fine purchase and I'm sure it won't be your last. I've been collecting luger pistols since 1964 and have a fair number of them in my safe now. I just ordered about a month ago one more luger. It is a .45 Caliber reproduction of the Mod. 1907 Test Trials Luger that was used in the US military trials that year and finally resulated in adoption of the Mod. 1911 Colt pistol. Anyway the piece I've ordered (to be delivered mid 2022) is an exact replica of the two .45 Lugers submitted by Mr. Luger for the test trials. If you are serious about accumulating Lugers you won't be 100% happy until you have one in your accumulation. Again you have made a beautiful start in Lugers.
Thank you, I don't want to sound cavalier when I say this but I own most of the wonder toys I want now so I started looking into historical and odd pieces that I can still get ammo for. It started with a Beretta 1951 then an Astra 600/43, now to the Luger. I suspect that Lugers and P38's will become something I continue to gravitate towards for a while. Being 1/2 my family is german the other half is Polish heritage not many Polish guns I can get so I might as well focus on the german side. The ultimate would be to find any weapon with a history to a unit from the Mecklenburg region of germany from WW1

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Polish ----- Yes once you get into Lugers, P.38's, Mausers there will be no end to it. I'm somewhat like yourself, on my mother's side I'm half German and on my father's side I'm half Swedish. My mother's family is from Hanover, Deutschland and my father's family is from a small place near Stockholm, Sweden. I have a luger, P.38, Mauser, Walther etc. accumulation made in Germany and a pair of M 40 Huskvarna pistoils in 9mm and a Mod. 1896 6.5mm rifle made by Carl Gustoff Co. in Sweden. So I guess my heritage is somewhat represented in my accumulation. Be careful it sounds like the luger bug has taken a chunk out of you.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah last gun that got me the "bug" this bad was when I inherited my grandfathers 1943 Saginaw Gear M1 Carbine, only problem is to shoot a .30 carbine now it's more expensive than shooting a Garand

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Polish ----- You had better start reloading for 9mm and .30 carbine. I'm afraid most centerfire rounds are going to get hard to come by maybe even before the election next year (2022). That is to say nothing of what could happen by 2024 !! I've been reloading for all my centerfire rounds (9mm & .30 carbine) for several years mostly using hard cast lead bullets for informal plinking loads. If you like to shoot your luger and carbine you'd better look at getting set up with a reloading press and other items needed for that nonsence fairly soon.

·
Gld Bullet Member 2012
WWI & earlier Lugers. German or any rust blued pistols.
618 Posts
Polish -
That is one of the nicest 1918 Lugers I have ever seen. Most of that year are pretty beat up and/or poor finish.
Nice score!

Can you show a couple pictures of the barrel serial number and the inside of the frame and uppper?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Polish -
That is one of the nicest 1918 Lugers I have ever seen. Most of that year are pretty beat up and/or poor finish.
Nice score!

Can you show a couple pictures of the barrel serial number and the inside of the frame and uppper?
I will tomorrow, I'll use my Nikon D610 and Macro lens so they will be super clear and clean

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
You have a beautiful 1918 luger there seldom seen in that condition. If it is all matching I'd put it in a safe place and keep it looking like that if I were you. Get yourself a shooter (mis-matched or refinished piece) if you want to burn powder with a luger. Thanks for showing.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts