Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
Paolo, longer and curved. I can't make out the uniform clearly, but it appears that the fellow is Bavarian artillery. Didn't the Bavarian army experiment with equipment and arms independently of the rest?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
George
I can only add that the post stamp on the other side is a Bavarian one.Sorry I'm not able to read what's written(adress or else).
I don't know whether Bavarian Army experimented weapons indipendently from the other Armies or only they purchased the 16.000 Steyr M12 as the only difference.

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,534 Posts
The fellow is wearing a mounted troops belt buckle and is wearing a Pickelhaube versus a Kugelhelm, therefore I assumed he was Bavarian Artillery as they did not adopt the latter type helmet until 1916.

His great coat and back pack indicate that he is not cavalry. That leaves two obvious choices; Artillery or Trains. C96 armed artillerists are somewhat common, not so trains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.