Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Is there something special about this TT-33?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  skyalex 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Nothing special in a plain view, I guess. But, many gun collectors were born in foreign countries... I guess the main bidders of this pistol were born in Russia... I was not born in Russia, so, when I look at this one, it has blue book value only, a few hundred? But it has "special value" among certain specific group of collectors.

#6 ·
Well all I can say is that "yuriman" has been around the block a time or three at (392)
......... is that holster numbers matching with the pistol and magazine?

#7 ·
RIAC always sent out a price report letter after each session. Back a few months ago, my wife received such a report, opened it (usually, she did not do that, but I had walking issue at that time), and asked me "come over. Why was this one over $1m?"... she points to an old revolver printed on the letter that I did not recognize what it is. I did not know. "well, probably two divorce lawyers bid on this to push it here,, they have money, you know. Also, you cannot say it's too expensive, it has its value among a small group of people. That's the nature of C&R, if you play rational, then, it's not yours"... she's happy and replied "thanks the Lord it's not".

#9 ·
It solid 2K range rig , but definitely overpricing, will be very very hard sell it again for 3.5K, may be 10 years later :) or like Don mentioned : Alcohol could have been involved........ buy the way today is Russian Orthodox Christmas !, may be this gun Christmas present?!,
Marry Christmas! for all of you guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.