Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Greg,

I am not familiar with that book, but I'm sure if you wanted the developement of all Sauer's, It would give you the overview on development. However, if pistols are your affection I consider "J.P. Sauer & Sohn" by Jim Cate & Nico Van Gijn, an outstanding reference!!

Dave

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,
I have Vol. I & II that you mentioned and agree that they are outstanding references for Sauer pistols. I was just wondering if the book I found for sale might be a good general reference for all of Sauer's guns. Looks like I might have to buy it to find out.

Mark,
I think Vol. I has more information in it regarding the 38h, serial ranges, mags, holsters, etc., but Vol II has additional info in it regarding grips, what they are made of, inside markings, etc. A player like you ought to already have both of these books.

G

·
hi , does anybody know where i can get a book by jim cates volume one sauer automatic pistol. thank you very much.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Yep it is the old supply and demand game, if you need something and can't find it on every book shelf l guess you have to bite the bullet or do with out. I had to bite it sometime back even that my collection of Sauers is very limited l would not due without volume 1 & 2
Happy Hunting!
Peter

Reactions: Hannibal
1 - 13 of 13 Posts