Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A very nice rig you have there with a brown holster no less. The Prussian Landjagerei/Gendarmerie usually played second fiddle to the Schupo in the provision of firearms and such modern weapons like the Sauer BM usually went to Schupo and/or FJK units. although your pistol bear no unit marking, I have seen a similar marked example where a FJK issue Sauer BM ended up with a replacement 1937 brown holster indicating transfer from the FJK ultimately to the Motorised Gendarmerie. IMO, yours is another example.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roy666,
Thank you for your insight. Very interesting information. I’m going to start researching for my own benefit some of the organizations that you mentioned as I have no knowledge of any of them or their correlation to each other. Funny how all this started by just wondering if anyone knew anything about the pistol my grandfather left me! Wow, what a cool road to take a walk down! Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Suffolkgunner, that is a rare pistol among rare pistols !! Thanks for posting and congratulations for owning the lowest 4-sided diamond-in-starburst B-M so far. The next 4-sided diamond is 1,026 serial number digits higher than your's, yet your s/n is substantially within what had heretofore been thought to be the 6-sided diamond range. In fact, your s/n is between the s/n's of two other 6-sided diamonds only 150 s/n digits apart !! IMHO, your pistol embodies substantial proof that the 6 and 4 sided diamond acceptance marking was occurring simultaneously.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts