Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
George, I am understanding Herr Friedrich's comment on page 84 as saying there presently is no attribution of the six-sided-diamond-in-starburst to the Bavarian Gendarmerie (rather only the four-sided-diamond is so attributed).

·
Registered
973 Posts
George, I am understanding Herr Friedrich's comment on page 84 as saying there presently is no attribution of the six-sided-diamond-in-starburst to the Bavarian Gendarmerie (rather only the four-sided-diamond is so attributed).
Yes, I read over this section too quickly. I believe you are correct as I was also going on his grouping of the two stamps together on page 85. He has grouped the two diamond markings together just as he has the related PTV & TP, three D star markings, S star marks, etc.

Thanks for the correction.

George

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Added 215729, another 4-sided diamond-in-starburst Behördenmodell thanks to its owner/auction-seller

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Updated the OP to reflect "Behörden-Modell" as the official name of this J.P. Sauer & Sohn pistol. The OP previously reflected the name without the hyphen between "Behörden" ("authorities") and "Modell" which was the official-police description reflected in their publication "Die Pistolen 7,65 mm der Polizei ("valid from 1-April 1938)" pictured bottom of OP. This idea occurred to me because the "B-M" name is what the company reflected on its B-M box (see Martin Krause's numbered B-M box posted <here> and note his box's s/n 216807 is five digits from the observed pistol s/n 216802 a 4-sided diamond-in-star B-M)

Please post-up your diamond-in-star accepted Behörden-Modell, or PM me if you prefer your serial number and diamond-type reflected anonymously

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Please fellows, open up your gun safes and report your diamond-in-starburst Behörden-Modells !! PM me for confidential coms.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
An interesting observation perhaps implying two different acceptance inspectors working contemporaneously:

- s/n 213947 diamond-in-starburst acceptance marked B-M (presently the lowest known diamond)

and only three serial number digits away:

- s/n 213944 K-in-starburst acceptance marked B-M

The two acceptance markings definitely overlap: I believe the highest known */K accepted B-M is 214833 (that's almost 1,000 pistols from lowest diamond-in-starburst B-M)

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Added another 4-sided-diamond-in-starburst B-M to this database today - the score is now 10-to-10 (see OP for details)
.............. sure am hoping for more datapoints !!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
hardknocks, please provide a close up picture of the left trigger guard marking of your s/n 209127 - I suspect your pistol's marking (if any) is a K-in-starburst. Thanks

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It does look like a "K" in the starburst.
Thanks for that information. Here is a picture of the three acceptance marks side-by-side, left to right:

K-in-starburst
6-sided-diamond-in-starburst; and
4-sided-diamond-in-starburst

In case you are wondering, the black lines in green background are millimeter markings on a plastic ruler (low tech measurement skills here ;-)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts