Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering about the Holster that came with my Sauer & Sohn 38H. My pistol has the Eagle C so it is a police issue. However, after doing some searching, I see that possibly the police model holster should also have a B stamp, which mine does not, or at least I can't see it.

On GunBroker a police stamped 38H sold and I have attached a picture and the holster and is different than the one I have. His holster as he describes has many marking, sounds like military issue. The leather strap is going up while my faces down. Possibly what he has for a PPK or other brand of sidearm?

Here is the Sauer & Sohn police 38H that recently sold on GunBroker.com #21802913 sold for $880.00 and description of holster. If you go to gunbroker. com and type in 21802913 it will bring up all the pictures. The holster is stamped "jhg 42", and with a stamped acceptance mark of "eagle over WaA 286". "jhg" is code for the manufacturer - Abteilung Lederwaren Fabrik - and was made by them in ("42") 1942.

Download Attachment: Police Holster Gunbroker.jpg
163.02KB

Here are the pictures of my holster.

Download Attachment: DCP_9476.JPG
100.02KB

Download Attachment: DCP_9477.JPG
96.58KB

Download Attachment: DCP_9478.JPG
169.33KB

My volume 1 of JP Sauer & Sohn by Jim Cate has not arrived as of yet so I am still at a loss.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
George, The one on Gunbroker is a military issue, side flap style holster. Yours is exactly like the 38H holster on page 172 of Whittington's Vol III identified as a softshell Police holster.Made by the same maker.
Ron

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Ron:

Many thanks for your reply. I understand why the holster on GunBroker.com was marked in the military fashion, cause it was a military issue.

However, you mentioned than mine is exactly like the 38H holster on page 172 of Whittington's Vol III identified as a softshell Police holster.

Sorry, but I do not believe my holster is a soft shell holster. Nor do I own a copy of Whittington's Vol III.

I think Ron you answered my question. The one on GunBroker was a military issue and the one I have was police issue, I think.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my postings.

Regards,

George

·
Silver Bullet Member
323 Posts
George,

Your holster is a correct "soft shell" police holster for the Sauer. If you look carefully at the body of the eagle I believe you will find the letter is a "B". Concerning your magazines, some early Sauer mags were stamped front edge up and some were back edge up. All will be made clear when you get Cate's Volume I.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.