Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I know it's not a Drilling but I'm looking for some info on this JP Sauer shotgun. I think It's 1926? I know It's 16ga and the barrel is 29.5" in length. Tried to get a good photo of the bore but no good luck on that. Anyone know what the sights are made of? The photos do not do it justice. If anyone would like to see a specific photo please let me know.

This Shotgun is way out of my collecting range and I'm thinking of selling. Looking for a fair value as I have no clue? May bring it to Louisville?

Bob

Attachments

·
2,360 Posts
Your Sauer doublebarrel is a Model 8 (having upper sears) in 16 gauge (2 1/2 inch chambers - 65mm), with 2 crowns (indicating excellent materials and workmanship), with an ivory front bead (special ordered no doubt), and the wood is better than normal (another indication of a special ordered gun). It was made in October 1924. It was no doubt sold within Germany when the 65mm shells were the 'norm.' The condition of your gun puts it in the $1000-1200 range. Regards, Jim Cate (author of the Sauer books).

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,
Thank you very much for the info. It also has a second ivory bead center upper barrel. Pictures do not do it justice!

Appreciate your comments.

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts