Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to lugers and know absolutley nothing about them. I purchased them to sell in hopes to make a profit. I know its not a sound financial decision but I figured what the heck. Anyway, how do I find out more about my pistols and what are the rules on selling them, are they all considered curios??
The first one is marked 1917 above the chamber and has a fancy scoll emblem on the top back of the bolt behind the chamber. The other has a 42 in front of the chamber and byf behind it. The bluing is good on both pistols and they each have a magazine with them. The number on the magazine is the same as the serial number and some of the parts also have the last 2 numbers stamped on them. any questions or input would be greatly appreciated. Tahnks in advance.
Dan

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts
Dan, much depends on how much you paid for them. Condition and orginality is everything with lugers. You have to ensure they are complety matching, not reblued, nickled and no bad rusting or pits on them. If so, then they are considered shooters and worth anywhere from $450-$600.

If all original, have true matching mags (not renumbered), they can be worth from $700-$1200, price goes up with percent of blueing, the lower end is more likely, unless blueing is very nice.

The fancy scrol is more than likely DWM and would go with a 1917 pistol.

Pictures help very much, and welcome to the forum!

Ed

·
Registered
98 Posts
quote:Originally posted by athlondon

Hello, I am new to lugers and know absolutley nothing about them. I purchased them to sell in hopes to make a profit. I know its not a sound financial decision but I figured what the heck. Anyway, how do I find out more about my pistols and what are the rules on selling them, are they all considered curios??
The first one is marked 1917 above the chamber and has a fancy scoll emblem on the top back of the bolt behind the chamber. The other has a 42 in front of the chamber and byf behind it. The bluing is good on both pistols and they each have a magazine with them. The number on the magazine is the same as the serial number and some of the parts also have the last 2 numbers stamped on them. any questions or input would be greatly appreciated. Tahnks in advance.
Dan
Actually, the rules on selling lugers for profit are complex. If you are conducting a business with these pistols, you need a license. If these are personal firearms not sold to conduct business, the rules differ. States vary in how they treat these pistols and their sale (i.e., transfer). Therefore, your location matters. More information is needed to determine the proper course of action.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.