Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only marking are under barrel that are 3119 and Germany other than DWM on slide and safety written in German

·
Registered
173 Posts
The only marking are under barrel that are 3119 and Germany .....
The Germany stamping means your pistol was commercially imported to the US for sale. Do you know whether it is .30 or 9mm? If not, do the pencil test: standard pencil down the bore. If it fits tight, .30, if pretty loose, 9mm.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
It's an alphabet commercial Luger made by DWM in the mid-1920's. The suffix letter on the barrel and frame is part of the serial number which is 3119 o (letter o).The vast majority of the commercial alphabet Lugers were made in 7.65mm - 30 caliber.

They are well made guns and unless in almost perfect condition hold little interest for collectors. If yours has a good bore, it will likely be an excellent shooters. With a good magazine and proper cartridges they are accurate and reliable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's an alphabet commercial Luger made by DWM in the mid-1920's. The suffix letter on the barrel and frame is part of the serial number which is 3119 o (letter o).The vast majority of the commercial alphabet Lugers were made in 7.65mm - 30 caliber.

They are well made guns and unless in almost perfect condition hold little interest for collectors. If yours has a good bore, it will likely be an excellent shooters. With a good magazine and proper cartridges they are accurate and reliable.
Thanks for the info bore appears to be in perfect condition has been in original leather case for almost a hundred years no rust and had very little dust or dirt inside, had never been disassembled until in my possession. Great grandfather brought it back from his time in Germany after WWI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Germany stamping means your pistol was commercially imported to the US for sale. Do you know whether it is .30 or 9mm? If not, do the pencil test: standard pencil down the bore. If it fits tight, .30, if pretty loose, 9mm.
I tried the pencil test and its definitely a .30 ordering magazine now. Thank you.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
So, it is family inheritance. My father left me a ring, saying that came from his grandfather. That must be Qing Dynasty (1644-1911).

My son will inherit this ring, along with some guns. The guns come from me.

20210406_155716.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts