Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Ron,

I was out for a month, and I forgot to look to new posts when I posted the message about the K-Date on Simpson's site. Sorry about that...
You will find your K-Date # 8089 now in my survey on the first page of this thread!

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Table updated

Added K-Date #2474, B|90-S|91, mix of gothic and script 'S' inspection marks, long sharp barrel band, hump, identions present. Having also two matching magazines, 's' marked and B|90 proofed. 1934 Army holster and tool with B|90 proof stamp.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Joop,

On 9/1/09 I added a correction for my K date #2547 for 2 addational magazines.

I noticed that they have not been added to your information listings.

Bill

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The April 30 auction at www.rockislandauction.com shows lot#1703 to be a "K" date, ser.#3601, B90, S91, with sub-variation 2 markings.
Tim H.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Might not help you too much, but my East German rework K-date is 7310, all matching except toggle assembly, sideplate, and, of course, the new barrel. It does have the indentations and gothic S on the receiver right, front of trigger guard and takedown lever.

Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
indent

posted pictures some time ago and my pistol 8089 apears to all who answered to be authentic, but i have indent only on right side. am i the only one? ron

·
Silver Bullet Member
388 Posts
I would like to see the pictures for comparisons for comparisons in the original data request but they are too old. If it's not to difficult could you please make them viewable.
Thanks,
Mike Z.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,108 Posts
Joop...... Acquired "K" 1635. Variation 2. 0/37 proofs on barrel and R/H of receiver. Wood grips not numbered. No indent and normal barrel band. Has hump. Someplace along it's path it acquired a BYF #14 breechblock and rear toggle link but retained the original extractor, firing pin and firing pin retainer.

And so it goes...

·
Silver Bullet Member 2012
463 Posts
Joop: Adding K date SN 645a; B90, S91; short barrel band, Mauser Hump, grips numbered to gun. All numbers match on small parts, 4th variation; indent present on both right & left receiver. Overall about 85%

Sighted on Simpson’s Ltd.:
K Date SN 864- 1st variation, O37-O37, Mauser hump; short barrel band; Matching except mag.; difficult to tell if indents are present based on pics. Listed as 70%

K Date SN 550a- 4th variation, B90-S91, Mauser hump, short barrel band, sideplate numbered 43, otherwise listed as matching except mag.; indents present. Listed as 92%

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joop, Let me be the first to respond: "K" date #1: (1) 3069,

Hey Doc.....I think I have a first cousin to #3069.

Mine is # 3064..

Just picked it up a few weeks ago.....mag matching....will drag it out and examine it for all other pertinent info later..

It was so close I had to tell you.

Steve

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,727 Posts
Steve, thanks for posting. A twin to mine with the same wide barrel band, set back front sight and lack of Mauser hump.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts