Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member 2012
463 Posts
Reporting K date Luger SN 2451: Ö|37-Ö|37; Subvariation 2, Mixed scriptic and gothic, scriptic in code; Long barrel band, sight set back; Frame hump; Indent on right; Main toggle pin fire blued and numbered to gun; grips numbered to gun. Note: S not present above proof marks on right receiver. Pics at http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=26308

·
463 Posts
Reporting K date Luger SN 3384 offered for sale on Scott Benedict website: Ö|37 Ö|37; Subvariation 2 Mixed scriptic and gothic, scriptic in code; Long barrel band, sight to rear; No frame hump, indentation, two matched mags, gun reported to be 94%.

·
Registered
4 Posts
S/42 Luger. K date. Serial number 941. B90 with S91 beside it followed by some swiggle figure.

Letter "a" or "Q" on front under serial number.

Clip has matching serial number. Looks like the letter "g" below serial number. Below that is a set of wings with the number 83 or 63 below it.

Last two of serial number is on all other parts.

I do not have the indents Jan mentions in his first post.

I know nothing about what these marks mean. I recently inherited the gun.

I don't think this gun was used much. There isn't a scratch on it.

Gun is black and grip is brown.

Does everything sound consistant?

Thanks

Jim

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,139 Posts
Jan... Acquired "K" Date 1635. 0/37 proofs on barrel and R/H side of receiver. Variation 2. Unmarked wood grips, normal front barrel band, no indent, and has hump. Unfortunately it has a BYF #14 breechblock and rear toggle. It does retain it's original extractor, firing pin and firing pin retainer....

·
463 Posts
Jan: Adding K date SN 645a; B90, S91; short barrel band, Mauser Hump, grips numbered to gun. All numbers match on small parts, 4th variation; indent present on both right & left receiver. Overall about 85%.

K Date SN 5342- has O37-O37 , Sear Safety, No Mauser hump, two matching mags with numbered 1 & 2 in police style, no apparent indents, and the O37-O37 markings are suspect.

Sighted on Simpson’s Ltd.:
K Date SN 864- 1st variation, O37-O37, Mauser hump; short barrel band; Matching except mag.; difficult to tell if indents are present based on pics. Listed as 70%

K Date SN 550a- 4th variation, B90-S91, Mauser hump, short barrel band, sideplate numbered 43, otherwise listed as matching except mag.; indents present. Listed as 92%

·
Silver Bullet Member
903 Posts
Jan, K date 9806, 4th subvariation, Gothic S toggle code with closed top 4, right receiver box B-90 S-91, left barrel box B-90, short barrel band, receiver indention, rear frame hump, gothic S parts stamp on sear bar and safety bar, Scriptic S parts mark on hold open, stock lug has dimples, grips numbered.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Sturgess, in Bochardt & Luger Automatic Pistols, page 469 shows only the following two K date right receiver acceptance stamps:
037 037
B90 S91

Note: This is only a partial list. He apparently decided not to list all four of the acceptance stamps documented in the first post above and repeated below:
037 037
037 B90
037 S91
B90 S91

Jan

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Jan,
It is my understanding that the 037 B90 and the 037 S91 are quite rare.
Bob
Any update on the release of your revised Third Reich Lugers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
K date

Serial #2938, acceptance,indent,a37,a37 ,all s marked with a mix gothic and scriptic,trigger guard regular s.hope the pictures help.Off the auction block.

K Date update 009.jpg K Date update 010.jpg K Date update 017.jpg K Date update 004.jpg K DATE 001.jpg K Date update 002.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, but a member made me realize that the first digit could be a 3 instead of an 8. As soon as possible I'll give the correct number.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The number is without doubt 8676, so I wonder if in my possession there is a strange second subvariation with a scriptic s on the toggle mark code, gothic s on the extractor and scriptic s inside the square panel on the left side blocking the opening in such an high serial number. I confirm the luger hump. All numbers match. See pictures on my thread "Strange k date".

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jan. Here is the info on my K luger just recently purchased.Early K date SN 1350 all matching including the grips excluding the mag
All script S on the marked parts. Subvariation 1. The gun had been reblued in the past, A35 and A 37 proofs on the right receiver. A 37 on the right side of barrel. Has the short barrel ring on the front and the sight is at the front

Bill Hughes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Last update on my k date n 8676
Sorry, Jan, but evidently in Europe we don't use the same font names.
According to the general US naming, my k date has a gothic s on the toggle mark and another little gothic s on the inside of the side plate. It bears a scriptic s on the extractor.
I confirm B90 S91 and frame hump.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am from Croatia, Europe and I have one piece of Luger P08.
you can see on pictures codes and can you tell me from which year is it Luger?
He has
I think that year of manufacturing is 1934.

Serial number is 2579.
I bought this luger and here is some info:
1-sn 2579
2- Ö|37-Ö|37
3-B
4-B
5-B
6-Magazine S/42 sn:3495

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is this forum still active? I just purchased a K date that isnt listed and I am hoping to verify it is a correct K date. All numbers appear to be matching accept the magazine. If I post pictures would someone be willing to take a look? serial # is 707a

61 - 80 of 95 Posts