Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post this just as a matter of information. It is just something I have noted while handling K-Date lugers. My images are not to good since they came off of my scanner and I put them together in a composite. What I am trying to show here is the variation in sear bar length that extends out under the side plate. This I would call the exposed triangle. On the first two K-Date images I have put the "s" there just to show they are there on those two pistols. The images did not show the "s" very well. I just find it odd there would be this much variation in this length. I first felt that the extra length was there to provide more area for the "s" to be stamped on the part. I am not sure if this thought is correct or not. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't know it just seems strange to find that much noticeable difference in a machined part. I did find one other K-Date in the 4000 serial number range that I looked at that did not have the extra length at the top of the triangle. It also did not have the "s" stamp on it either! After closer examination I found that it was not the original sear. It carried the last two digits of the serial number but it was a replacement by somebody. Probably to boost the gun? I do believe somewhere in the K-Date serial number range this triangle becomes more consistent as shown by at least three of the last four images which are the two K-Dates without the "s" part stamp and the 1936-S/42 and the 1937-S/42. The difference I have noted may only be common to the K-Date lugers that have the "s" stamped in tne triangular area!

Download Attachment: SearBar.JPG
119.55KB
Beste Grüsse

1 - 2 of 2 Posts