Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this one in today, really happy with it and really like the patent leather look exhibited on holsters made by Karl Böcker. Looks like the name Bark or maybe Barker is scratched on the underside of the flap.

IMG_3285.jpg IMG_3286.jpg IMG_3287.jpg IMG_3289.jpg IMG_3291.jpg IMG_3293.jpg IMG_3294.jpg IMG_3295.jpg IMG_3296.jpg IMG_3292.jpg

·
2,360 Posts
Beautiful holster. I guess the original owner had a ranking desk job and didn't wear it except at New Year's parties...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've said for years, IMO, I believe Karl Bocker made some of the best quality luger holsters. They don't get any better than this one!
Great find!

Matt:cool:

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
9,926 Posts
There is a super glaring cosmetic error on this fine holster. I cannot recall seeing it before in the 30 years I have been looking at Luger holsters! Anyone else see it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Jerry,
The only thing I see that's wrong with this holster is that it didn't see fit to make it's way into MY collection instead. Now THAT is what I call a "mint" condition holster!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a super glaring cosmetic error on this fine holster. I cannot recall seeing it before in the 30 years I have been looking at Luger holsters! Anyone else see it?
I actually think I known what you're referring to. Are you talking about the abnormally long relief cut below the buckle? I actually meant to compare it to my others yesterday to see, it did catch my attention. I just checked my others and none of them have it, though I'm a fairly new collector and not totally sure if that's what you're referencing.

·
9,926 Posts
Gary, I agree that it is truly a very nice holster but that no one else has noticed this cosmetic error confirms my belief that not many people actually look at holsters all that closely. Like I already said, 30 years and I have NEVER seen this and it is as plain as the hands on a clock. YOU don't see it?

- - - Updated - - -

I actually think I known what you're referring to. Are you talking about the abnormally long relief cut below the buckle? I actually meant to compare it to my others yesterday to see, it did catch my attention. I just checked my others and none of them have it, though I'm a fairly new collector and not totally sure if that's what you're referencing.
Sam, NO! That's not it. But the buckle & leather assembly is odd enough on it's own. The slot for the tongue on your holster IS overly deep & square. Not what you would normally see. It is usually cut in an oval shape low enough to accommodate the downward swing of a fully opened buckle tongue. But the steel tongue shape at the end is another oddity. Normally this is flared slightly, pointed and flattened.curved on the underside to lay flat upon the roller. This one appears to be none of that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary, I agree that it is truly a very nice holster but that no one else has noticed this cosmetic error confirms my belief that not many people actually look at holsters all that closely. Like I already said, 30 years and I have NEVER seen this and it is as plain as the hands on a clock. YOU don't see it?

- - - Updated - - -

Sam, NO! That's not it. But the buckle & leather assembly is odd enough on it's own. The slot for the tongue on your holster IS overly deep & square. Not what you would normally see. It is usually cut in an oval shape low enough to accommodate the downward swing of a fully opened buckle tongue. But the steel tongue shape at the end is another oddity. Normally this is flared slightly, pointed and flattened.curved on the underside to lay flat upon the roller. This one appears to be none of that.
I see what you mean Jerry, here's a photo of the underside. Do you think it's factory?

106771365_1434604540080840_4123198252235382872_n.jpg

·
9,926 Posts
I see what you mean Jerry, here's a photo of the underside. Do you think it's factory?

View attachment 629565
Sam, There are obviously going to be small variations on Luger buckles. I can't see that this would be anything but factory. I suspect Karl Bocker acquired steel buckles like all other holster makers..from a steel buckle maker. As odd as this assembly might be I cannot detect that it has ever been removed from it's original placement. It appears to be original.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sam, There are obviously going to be small variations on Luger buckles. I can't see that this would be anything but factory. I suspect Karl Bocker acquired steel buckles like all other holster makers..from a steel buckle maker. As odd as this assembly might be I cannot detect that it has ever been removed from it's original placement. It appears to be original.

That's good to hear. Was that the error you were referencing or was there another one?

·
9,926 Posts
That's good to hear. Was that the error you were referencing or was there another one?
No Sam, There is another one! As obvious as a giant red zit on your prom dates face! I am holding out till someone sees it! Believe me, it's that obvious.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
​No P08 .

30 years ago I had a minty example like this and it had the odd texture in places like this one .
See pic 6 .

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
3,313 Posts
Waldbrol.
Pat

1 - 20 of 46 Posts