Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fell into my lap this week. Despite collecting German pre 46 32s, I had never heard nor seen this 32 and with the Eagle N proof marks I was intrigued and for the price I figured I had nothing to loose so I bought it. Then started to read about it and found that it is pretty hard to come by.

The condition of the finish on the gun is not great. It had rust at some point and then it had some one take sand paper to it to get rid of the rust. The PP holster is nice but for the hole from the shorter mag. Considering how hard these are to come by, I am happy with these condition issues especially based on what I paid. It fills a nice hole I did not know I had in my German 32 collection, despite the condition issues.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. There is not a lot of info out there on these guns. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A little side note about the gun is that it was one of the guns that Adolf Hitler did own. His was found in one of his homes (not the Fuhrer Bunker) by US GI's during the end of the war. I think it would speak highly of the gun since he could have any gun he wanted.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A little side note about the gun is that it was one of the guns that Adolf Hitler did own. His was found in one of his homes (not the Fuhrer Bunker) by US GI's during the end of the war. I think it would speak highly of the gun since he could have any gun he wanted.
I did not know that... thanks. It seems really well made although based on what I have learned over the last few days they did take some short cuts in terms of design. But quality of manufacture does seem very good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been keeping an eye out for one to add to my German pistols but have not been able to find an affordable one yet, congrats on yours.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Any documentation on this information, or is it just a passed down story?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any documentation on this information, or is it just a passed down story?
[/QUOTE
There is an OLD AP article from November 1987 about the sale of the gun for $114000. which was a rather large sum at the time, took me a minute to find it again but Google search will dig it up if you search Hitlers Kommer Model 4. Now of coarse his was engraved and a presentation piece gun but I still think they are a neat gun to add to my collection of Walther, JP Sauer & Sohn, Mauser, Ortgies, CZ, Browning and Colts from the time period.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will have to dig a little deeper and read a little faster since that gun was a Walther and not a Kommer. I know I have seen somewhere the Kommer name attached to Hitler but will post what I do dig up. Sorry for the bad and misleading info.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. What you read was probably about the highly engraved Walther PP gifted from the Walther family to AH. It has been around since the 1960s.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
awesome....you are correct, not much information is found on the Kommer pistols at all in any model and when you do its usually more information on the Models 1 thru 3 rather than the 4. I think you did well, even in the condition! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts