Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

I have a 1945 Kongsberg mod 1914 with an ugly magazine. From what I can tell it may be correct for this pistol. Hope someone can verify if it is correct and would also post some pictures of their example. Thanks.

Geo.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 1942 occupation and a 1945 proofed. Both mags are pictured. I believe your mag may be original but it is missing the lanyard ring, (thus the holes) and it has been repaired. Original mags are pinned and yours has been clearly soldered. If you KC is in good condition, I would pick up a good condition original mag. They are not sn to the gun and it will increase the value and collectability of what you have. Hope this helps. mags.jpg mags2.jpg mags3.jpg

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help!

To all,

I remember reading about welded mag bottoms on this or another forum. I spent about 4 hours yesterday trying to find that information. What I remember is that were factory done and welded in four places. The OP said they were quite rare as they were only made in early 1945. Mine might not be original but would like to see what a genuine looks like.

I will keeping searching for that thread and hope to find it. Any help is appreciated.

Geo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To all,

I remember reading about welded mag bottoms on this or another forum. I spent about 4 hours yesterday trying to find that information. What I remember is that were factory done and welded in four places. The OP said they were quite rare as they were only made in early 1945. Mine might not be original but would like to see what a genuine looks like.

I will keeping searching for that thread and hope to find it. Any help is appreciated.

Geo.
Simpson Ltd has a WaA84 marked M1914 with a deleted lanyard loop magazine that look like yours.

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
The pictures of the magazines I have match yours. The two holes are where the lanyard loop would have been installed. The welds looks rough like yours. I think you have an original mag...Bill

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
To all,

Geo.
I have seen Mags like this yours before. These welded mags seem to show up with the Waffenamt'd marked guns. so that would co-incide with the statement you read where they are considered rare. I have a 42 dated gun but have a pin based mag.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found it again!

To all,

The reference to welded mags was also found in post #7 by Per Mathisen;https://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?588-NORWEGIAN-M1914-(P657n)&highlight=kongsberg+1914

I have repeated the term "welded" as used by Per when in fact they may be silver soldered. Nary a sign of rust around the welds/solder but a very black patina that is characteristic of aged silver. Just a SWAG by me.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. You help and comments were welcome and appreciated.

Geo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts