Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it appears as though this is original, with all matching numbers and in very fine condition, with the exception of the grips which are a black plastic with the target marking - which I have read indicates probable East German/ 'vopo look' replacement grips. The S marking and all the other marks look unaltered. is possible to find the original fine checkered ( HRS) 1936 grips or suitable substitute? I have more research to do before asking about the magazine. thanks for any commentssn serial number is 933 , did kreighoff subcontract grips? and is this a huge devalue issue ?

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
I approved your posting (first five posts can be funny in being approved or not).

Pictures, clear and of all External markings and proofs / acceptance.

Ed

·
2,501 Posts
Pictures would help.

Generally, collectors value a pistol most highly when it's as close as possible to the original state it left the factory in.

Replacing parts devalues it, but Krieghoff Lugers are quite rare.

Ritzmann subcontracted the grips for Krieghoff Lugers. These grips are also rather rare, so finding replacements may be difficult.

Take advantage of our forum's FAQ document - it has quite a bit of reference information. Search "FAQ PDF" and look toward the end of the hits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i ll send pics soon when i have the gun in my hands. the pics i have viewed from below handle in fact look fatter than my g dated 42s luger the color could be very dark brow vs black pics i ve seen so far are poor quality. so i ll know more soon. will post high resolution pics

the serial no of the krieg s luger, by my research , was a 1935

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got images to open , that s the 933 as depicted , headed my way alright can t wait

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Happiness is looking forward to something...Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics of 933 .

Added a couple pics of 1905 to compare to .
1905 has repo grips but is straight other than that .
I received 933. I suppose if you had pictures of it , there is a lot you know about it. I think there are some signs that it may not be as close to original parts as I d hoped. One question, was the underside of the barrel supposed to have caliber or the sn for an early S Kreighoff ? ( this has 881 and a german proof) . some others on the front of the handle between grips are not likey original ( KI and another S, and a possible east german proof) , none the less, It s a beautiful pistol. I m studying the proof marks and will try to get compliant and appropriate photos for the forum on soon as possible. I appreciate any info, or if you knew the previous owner or seller. auction was in Wisconsin. thx.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
No serial on early ' S ' barrels . Is the proof an E2 ? Pics of all markings would help . Do not know previous owner - I found it on the internet snooping for Krieghoffs .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts