Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

581 - 600 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
No problem. Unfortunately I cannot provide an opinion on the finish of the items. On a scale of 1 to 10 my expertise was at about a level 2, where as Pete was level 50. I am willing to send new finds to someone else if they would prefer to post them and add opinions.

SN-4985 (1936-Date) for sale on Guns-International

Listed as all matching, minus the mag which is not a Krieghoff magazine.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...matching-original-luger-.cfm?gun_id=101347719

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
The 1936 serial 4895 is well used but looks straight to me .
Pete kept track of guns like this as they sometimes show back up in much better condition .

The 1938 serial 9808 has many issues .
Frame is not HK , receiver is not HK etc .
Note our old buddy " stork legs E2 " .
The price tells me the seller knows this as a real 1938 is SPENDY !!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I am an owner of a Krieghoff, though not an expert. But just a quick perusal tells me the 1938, serial 9808, is glaringly NOT authentic.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Frame is not HK .
Look at the rear ears and the area below the trigger guard .

Receiver notch is not HK . Toggle knobs do not look countersunk .

ALL visible eagles are fake .

Mags both look bad .

Grips are not HK

I am sure closer inspection would reveal more bad .

REMEMBER honest HK's are NOT all the same color blue .
SN-1244 (S-Code) for sale on Gun Broker.

Listed as S Early 1936, all matching with two original matching magazines and some "finish touch up" with a E/2 tool and 1938 Luftwaffe E/WaA455 holster by mauser1937. Price TBD

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/852537742

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Amen to this, I agree with it all and also on the slide the inspectors mark E/2 the 2 looks to large for me.
Happy Hunting!
Peter

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Someone took the time and care to mark every internal part. What an incredible amount of labor must have been involved with this one.

Unfortunately, even the best of efforts can't cover up every detail. Check the front of the frame and left side of the receiver. Remnants of the old numbers can be seen.

pix243849872.jpg pix837099746.jpg pix880257903.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
The 1936 serial 4895 is well used but looks straight to me .
Pete kept track of guns like this as they sometimes show back up in much better condition .
I think you meant 4985. Either way, I like this one. I don’t mind a little wear and tear. Been looking at others and watching some of the auction houses, and it’s nice to see one that actually looks original, not just claimed that way. I’m new to this board but really appreciate the history and effort of you all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
SN-7238 (1936-Date) for sale on Legacy Collectibles

Listed as all matching, including magazine. 90%
This one has moved to GB, same seller (I’ve bought from them before - was happy), I’m curious where it closes with the noted “splotchy patina”. Kudos to them for not ignoring that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I own now: P 757 "Heinrich Krieghoff/Waffenfabrik/Suhl" inscribed on left frame, toggle is stamped with the H/anchor/K logo over KRIEGHOFF/SUHL.

Crown/N on barrel, left receiver, frame and left top breechblock. Brown grips and non matching Magazine.
Sideplate comes with E/2 and #94.

Karl

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
​Good catch , Looks straight to me also . Perfect first HK for someone .
I think you meant 4985. Either way, I like this one. I don’t mind a little wear and tear. Been looking at others and watching some of the auction houses, and it’s nice to see one that actually looks original, not just claimed that way. I’m new to this board but really appreciate the history and effort of you all.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1941 HK 11732 just sold for $4,000 plus fees at RIA .
Nickel plated but not buffed to death .

This is a high dollar gun if blued so beware .

It has the " big 7 " in the serial like it should .

·
Registered
7 Posts
​Good catch , Looks straight to me also . Perfect first HK for someone .
I actually ended up making a deal and picking this one up as “my first”. Really happy with it. Seller was willing to haggle a little which is always part of the fun. I appreciate a forum like this where one can get a level of comfort before dropping blind coin. I can promise it will receive no touch-ups while in my care, just some occasional handling and display!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Congrats , Excellent choice for a first HK . Aren't all the different colors amazing ! There should be some parts with just E2's and no serial on this range . Can you post pics of internal markings and the mag bottom ? .

·
Registered
114 Posts
I actually ended up making a deal and picking this one up as “my first”. Really happy with it. Seller was willing to haggle a little which is always part of the fun. I appreciate a forum like this where one can get a level of comfort before dropping blind coin. I can promise it will receive no touch-ups while in my care, just some occasional handling and display!!
WOW! Congratulations! What a beautiful, glowing pistol. Really shows why Krieghoff is so sought-after. You got a good deal.
Cheers,
James

·
Registered
235 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Dunno if it is the camera or whatever but compare the 98% offering above [ 1576 ] to the close one in the pics below [ 1905 ] . It has the wrong grips also

Pete leaving really hambstrung the effort to clean this up .
SN-1576 (S-Code) for sale on Legacy Collectibles

Listed as an early 1935 made all matching S-code, 97-98% finish with a Krieghoff magazine numbered 1604, grips possibly later vintage ~1936. $7,500

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/superb-early-krieghoff-luger-s-code.html

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats , Excellent choice for a first HK . Aren't all the different colors amazing ! There should be some parts with just E2's and no serial on this range . Can you post pics of internal markings and the mag bottom ? .
They really do have hue's that are absolutely unique. I'm not the best photographer but here are the best I could get with my phone. Definitely looks better in real life. Especially since my fingerprints on the finish show up in a couple of the photos. Magazine is non matching (non HK) but I knew that going in.

IMG_20200302_221149 (2).jpg
IMG_20200302_221934.jpg
IMG_20200302_222021.jpg
IMG_20200302_222343.jpg
IMG_20200302_222331.jpg
IMG_20200302_222522.jpg
IMG_20200302_225227.jpg
IMG_20200302_222045.jpg
IMG_20200302_225155.jpg
IMG_20200302_225400.jpg

581 - 600 of 623 Posts