Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very unknowledgable when it comes to Krieghoffs. Did they issue their own loading tools? If so, were they marked accordingly? And, if so, what is the average value of a minty tool?

Thanks! Ron

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Ron
There are Luftwaffe accepted loading tools(watch for fakes, as many have been faked). The E/2 (early) variation is shown below(you must click on the photograph to see the eagle).

Download Attachment: 20039112137_Krieg7a.jpg
117.71 KB

Both the early and late Luftwaffe tool variations are shown on page 123 of Third Reich Lugers.

I would guess that a correct Luftwaffe loading tool would sell for $150 to $250.

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Hi Ron,

Great meeting you at Reno !

Here are a few photos of an HK tool I picked up for my S-Code HK rig last year. I believe it is the 2nd. type of proof mark.

p.s. If you are developing a taste for things HK, I would highly recommend buying R. Gibson's book on HK lugers..new copies run in the $ 50-75 price range. Since HK lugers tend to be pricey, this great book will get you one step ahead of the game, knowledge-wise...

Simpson's have them for sale :

http://www.simpsonltd.com/Merchant2...e_Code=SL&Product_Code=BK110&Category_Code=BK

It allowed me to buy a $ 4K HK pistol with a high degree of confidence...last year...

Download Attachment: HKTool1.jpeg
163.87Â*KB

Download Attachment: HKTool2.jpeg
145.74Â*KB

Download Attachment: HKTool5.jpeg
134.6Â*KB

Download Attachment: HKRig1.jpeg
177.51KB

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, I can't afford to branch out to HKs. Maybe someday. I was just reading about them and was curious as to how to ID a tool. If I should run across one. Were all Krieghoffs Luftwaffe issue?
Pete, It was good to meet you too. I'm hoping to make either the August, or even the November show. Had a good time. May even make it to dinner next time.
Thanks! Ron

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Hi Ron,

The August Reno show is usually a good one...a few less folks, usually.

Now is the time to book a room at the Hilton...

The November show can be very iffy weather-wise. Some of us have left early on Saturday morning...1-2 hours ahead of a snow storm that usually closes the passes or at least chain-restricts travel...not sure if you want to ride your motorcycle then...

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete, No,if I try for November it could get alittle dicey on a bike. In this part of the country, November is'nt good even in a 4X4. If the rain is'nt freezing. It's coming down so hard you can't see anything. I really do want to come down in August. Only I'll be alittle better prepared this time. Thanks for the Krieghoff info. I guess at least I can drool and dream. Ron

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Hi Klaus,

I am not sure what you mean by the "top"...

Do you want to see a photo looking at the top of the short "leg" of the tool ?

I will try to post photo(s) this evening...

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Ron, Pete, Klause,

I have exchanged some pictures of my tools with Klaus. One of them is a Luftwaffe LWA2 marked - Klaus thinks it is correct. He told me to look for two tiny scratch - like lines that run on top of the thumb handle of the tool. It is difficult to see these on the macro picture that I sent to Klaus; I would have to shoot another image focussing on the top of the 'handle'.
I will do that next week (we are leaving here for the weekend).

This is a detail of the marking:
Download Attachment: LugerMacro0436Prsm.jpg
139.01KB

This is the full tool:
Download Attachment: LugerMacro0436sm.jpg
159.68KB

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dear Collectors

I hate to be a stick in the mud. But, I agree with Klaus, I have nevers seen a tool marked like Peter's. The ones I have owned including the late marked tools the eagle 2 is small. Similar to the ones marked on the parts. Does anyone else have any other thoughts.

regards

ralph
haymarket,va

·
Registered
342 Posts
Originally posted by Joop van de Kant

Ron, Pete, Klause,

I have exchanged some pictures of my tools with Klaus. One of them is a Luftwaffe LWA2 marked - Klaus thinks it is correct. He told me to look for two tiny scratch - like lines that run on top of the thumb handle of the tool. It is difficult to see these on the macro picture that I sent to Klaus; I would have to shoot another image focussing on the top of the 'handle'.
I will do that next week (we are leaving here for the weekend).

Could these be the two lines you refer to?

Download Attachment: DSC06901-update.jpg
105.57KB

Download Attachment: DSC06905-update.jpg
134.32KB

Download Attachment: DSC06902-update.jpg
119.95KB

Download Attachment: DSC06891-update.jpg
103.84KB
Brendan

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
Brendan,
Just coming back from a family reunion I had no time to take pictures of the two stripes that Klaus mentioned to me. I will do this tomorrow!
In fact, these are found just below the top of the handle on the back side of the top. Tiny scratches but indeed visible.

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Bill,

Our tools have the LWaA 2nd. acceptance stamp, Stage II...as described by Gibson.

I guess the real question is whether this stamp is correct on a TD tool or not.

If these are only surfacing in the USA and not with fellow collectors in Europe; that may be worrisome.

Gibson on page 142 makes mention of "other" stamps...saying they "may exit, they have not been noted".

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.