1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
It isn’t a high condition though...

·
Copper Bullet Member
685 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure the WaA is correct on that one....should just be stick eagle/WaAB20...no swastika.

Mark

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm no expert, but I'm not sure the WaA is correct on that one....should just be stick eagle/WaAB20...no swastika.

Mark
Mark,

The waffenamp looks correct to me. The WaAD20 is the correct waffenamp but poor out of focus pictures by seller appear to be WaAB20.

My Kriesmodel Unique serial number 66XXX has the same marking.

DSC05082.JPG

Geo.

·
Copper Bullet Member
685 Posts
Hi Geo,

The WaAB20 was a mistake on my part...I meant to type WaAD20...It was the entire marking itself I was doubtful of being correct. I may be wrong. This is the WaA on my Kriegsmodell (although it was stuck upside down) :)

I also have a WaA251 struck Kriegsmodell. Both are stick eagle over WaA....no E/swastika. Maybe this is a variant I am unfamiliar with...I'm no expert.

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
My observations agree with Mark's, but I'm, alas, no expert

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mark, nieuport and all,

Thanks for taking time to respond. I have owned the afore mentioned pistol for several years and never gave it any thought as to it being incorrect. The pistol was bought for short money and included two mags and well worn holster. Will check my records to see exactly when it was purchased.

After checking with Still's and Whittington's books, I am starting to get a very lonesome feeling. Did anyone get a serial number from Legacy's ad for their Kriegsmodel? That marking looked the same as mine. If anyone has the E/S over WaAD20 on their Kriegsmodel, please post.

I had always thought the Kriegsmodel was adapted by the Germans to their specifications and all produced were proofed by them. Looks like I might be wrong.

The form of the marking is very similar to the E/S over WaA84 found on the Norwegian 45 pistols. The barrel on my pistol is marked on the left side with an E/S and just the first "W" visible. The proof is seen when pulling the slide to the rear and locking it there.

Are there any books on Unique pistols in English that might reference this marking? Thanks for any help in solving this mystery.

Geo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
To all,

The Legacy Kriegsmodel serial number is 67477 and mine is 66998. Less than 500 numbers apart. Maybe some hope after all!

Geo.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I checked Robert Adair's excellent book "Unique Pistols" but see no mention of this unusual acceptance mark. Here is a picture of a few examples "borrowed" from elsewhere (the middle image is the one in post #2 above):

·
Registered
228 Posts
To all,

I was concerned when the waffenamp on my Kriegsmodel Unique was different from all others illustrated in books by Still and Whittington. Most Kriegsmodels have a stick winged eagle over WaAD20 (SWE/WaAD20) and not the E/S over WaAD20 (E/S/WaAD20). I am now convinced that both marks are correct and the latter unknown in collecting circles.

More pictures of my Kriegsmodel pistol.
Geo.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
To all,

The first thing I wanted to establish was that the E/S/WaAD20 was a legitimate WW2 marking. After a search on the internet, I found holsters that were indeed marked with the E/S/WaAD20. The holster markings were larger than the E/S/WaAD20 on the Kriegsmodel but did verify such a style waffenamp did exist during WW2. The following picture depicts that marking on a holster.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Next I searched for a Kriegsmodel with the E/S/WaAD20 and hopefully with a serial number close to the two already found (my 66998 and Legacy's 67477). EUREKA, I found Kriegsmodel serial number 67286 that fit neatly between the two previous serial numbers. These three pistols IMO are in a serial range that is yet to be determined. I don't feel so lonely any more.

The highest serial numbered SWE/WaAD20 before the lowest E/S/WaAD20 (66998) is 66160.
The lowest serial numbered SWE/WaAD20 after the highest E/S/WaAD20 (67477) is 67940.

With more reporting by the membership, we can shrink the range even more and in the process maybe find another E/S/WaAD20 or two. Please take a look as you might have a sleeper in that safe.
Geo.
Geo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Nice work Geo, I think you nailed it. Another unobtainable variation to hunt for !

·
Registered
228 Posts
To all,
Narrowing the gap!
Serial number 66650 has narrowed the low end of gap by 348 pistols.
Serial number 67807 has reduced the high end of the gap by 133 pistols.
The difference between the low and high Straight Winged Eagle is now 1157 pistols. Hopefully a couple more Eagle/Swastika Kriegsmodels can be found in this 1157 serial number gap. It is my guess that the sweet spot for the Eagle/Swastika pistols is still 66998 thru 67477, of course some transition pistols on the low and high end should be expected. Keep a sharp eye out and good hunting.

Geo.
Next I searched for a Kriegsmodel with the E/S/WaAD20 and hopefully with a serial number close to the two already found (my 66998 and Legacy's 67477). EUREKA, I found Kriegsmodel serial number 67286 that fit neatly between the two previous serial numbers. These three pistols IMO are in a serial range that is yet to be determined. I don't feel so lonely any more.

The highest serial numbered SWE/WaAD20 before the lowest E/S/WaAD20 (66998) is 66160.
The lowest serial numbered SWE/WaAD20 after the highest E/S/WaAD20 (67477) is 67940.

With more reporting by the membership, we can shrink the range even more and in the process maybe find another E/S/WaAD20 or two. Please take a look as you might have a sleeper in that safe.
Geo.
Geo.

·
Registered
120 Posts
WTB high condition all original Kriegsmodell Unique
One just went for $1400 (too much...) on Proxibid today. Wrong holster too (cz27). I guess the guy wanted it and enough to close to double the value. It's an $850 gun in great condition. W/ the matching holster, maybe $1250 but that's it IMHO..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I saw it and bid but not that crazy number.

I've been looking for Bob Adair's book for years. Does anyone one know if Kriegsmodells were rust or dipped blued?

·
Registered
228 Posts
RonS,

I want to apologize for highjacking your thread. My enthusiasm and excitement carried me away.
As to the type of blue on Kriegsmodels, they were salt blued.

Geo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No problem; you generated lots of interesting information. But no Kriegsmodell for me to buy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts