Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Alex.... I'm still having issues with being able to edit. If I do it messes up the data and pretty much makes it useless. I am keeping a list of edits I need to make if I ever get operational again. Like the bird in the wilderness.... Sorry

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Al... Thanks for the new number. Too bad they did not show the mags. Still having issues with board when I try to edit so I have added this to the list of thing to update if they ever make me operational again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
1242Ku. My mother brought this pistol back from the war and gave it to her younger brother. My cousin has just passed it on to me. All numbers match except the magazine. It has the original 1941 holster. It has never been fired post war and handled very little.
Any ideas of production dates or run?

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Bigchalker... Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the SN. Need to know the dates and info on the inside of the grips. Pictures would be very helpful...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Dave, the numbers on the inside of the grips are 1242. The left grip picked up a chip somewhere along the way above the mag release button. On the top of the receiver is 41 and on the toggle is BYF. On the right side of the frame is only one mark which looks like a late war waffenampt.
If you can tell me how to upload pictures I will be happy to post them.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Bigchalker... List updated... thanks. It is the third lowest SN reported so I would guess probably around 1943 based on the limited information that has come to the surface so far. Hope you figure out the picture thing...

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Skyalex.... List updated to include your pistol 3073 Ku ...Neat matching mag... BTW... highest SN reported to date with Ku suffix . Thanks for your patience... been a long time coming....

·
Registered
172 Posts
I no longer have the guns . They are currently on consignment for later sale. I have some data and photos on two consecutive numbered Masuer Ku 41 pistols.
1. Year 41, byf SN: Ku4318 all small parts & marked 18. Wood Grip plates marked 4318. Acceptance marks Luftwaffe LA, 4 " bbl stick eagle/655 & Luftwaffe LA .
2. Year 41, byf SN: Ku4319 all small parts & marked 19. Wood Grip plates marked 4319,left Stick eagle/655. Acceptance marks Luftwaffe LA, 4 " bbl stick eagle/655 & Luftwaffe LA. That is all of the information I have. David_0

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ku luger: Front frame: 5148 witness mark lines up. Left receiver: 5148Ku. Right receiver: LAZ only. same size font as front of frame. Magazine: type 4 army black plastic bottom. LAZ on plastic bottom, no serial number on plastic. no markings at all on metal part of magazine. Left barrel: LAZ and E/655. Barrel bottom: 5148, 8.82. Chamber: 41.
Toggle: byf. Left grip: wood, 48, 655 LAZ. Right grip: wood, 48, 655, upside down V.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Sambo.. Thanks for new data. List updated. Can you post a picture of the bottom of the mag showing the LAZ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello
1864 KU, 41 BYF
All small parts marked 64
Black grips. LA/Eagle proof.
Wooden bottomed mag marked “5349”

I am new to the world of collecting these and know very little about KU Lugers. This board has been really helpful. Can anyone point me in the right direction to start learning more about these pistols?

·
Copper Bullet Member
451 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Obviously the best place to start is the search function on this forum.
If you are looking for printed material;
The Krieghoff Parabellum by Randall Gibson 1980 Pages 129-138
The Mauser Parabellun 1930-1946 by Don Hallock/Joop van de Kant 2010 Pages555-562
The Borchardt & Luger Automatic Pistols by Joachim Gortz/Geoffrey Sturgess information is dispersed among the three volumes.
How about posting pictures of your KU?
William

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Let me add my welcome to the Forum. Please do add pictures to include the bottom of the mag. The mag is not original to the pistol as they came with either black bakelite or alumnimum bottoms.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts