Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINNISH MILITARY LAHTI (L-35), HOLSTER AND STOCK.

Figure 1. Back of Lahti holster showing the loops that the stock rests in. The luger style stock is SA marked and it’s iron fits a Lahti.

HolsterLahti1.jpg

Figure 2. Luger style stock attached to Lahti holster. The Finnish made Lahti holster stock is too large to fit in the loops of this holster. This style of Lahti holster with straps to fit a luger style stock is not infrequently encountered. It is suggested that the luger style stock was sometimes used with the Lahti.

HolsterLahti2.jpg

Figure 3. Front of Lahti holster showing tool pouch, extra magazine and brass rod. The tool pouch and magazine pouch are made to specifically fit a Lahti tool and magazine.

HolsterLahti3.jpg

Jan C Still
Site Owner - Operator

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
9,925 Posts
Jan, Is the Lahti stock attachment the same as the Luger? Really nice example here. Beautiful quality and craftsmanship on all of it.

Reason I ask is the stock shown has the four holes for the closure strap on an Artillery rig plus I don't know anything about the Lahti Pistol.

You also take beautiful photo's..What type of background are you using and do you have any lighting tips?

Thanks, Jerry

lugerholsterrepair

"For those who Fight For It, Life has a flavor the protected will never know."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are SA marked Lahti holster stocks hard to come by now? I used to see them often but don't anymore. If someone knows where to look, I'd appreciate any leads. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jerry
Probably Finland obtained these luger stocks as surplus from Germany after World war I (no documentation). A standard Luger attaching iron may not fit the slightly larger Lahti (than luger)lug. The one shown above does.

9mm
Obtained the stock shown above many years ago. Havent seen one for sale in recent years.
Jan

Jan C Still
Site Owner - Operator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts