Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which of the Lahtis is more collectable? The Swedish L35 or the Finnish L40, or do I have them backards? Also, what is the differences between them??

·
Registered
37 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BOGEYB

Which of the Lahtis is more collectable? The Swedish L35 or the Finnish L40, or do I have them backards? Also, what is the differences between them??
As far as I know both are very colletable, but Finnish L-35 should be more so because of production numbers:
- Finnish L-35: About 9,000 made
- Swedish M/40: Some 82,480 made
Swedish M/40 was manufactured by Husqvarna in Sweden under license. The main visible differences:
- Trigger guard (larger then in L-35 in all other L-40 besides early production variant).
- Slide shape (the notable differences shown in Husqvarna website I gave the link earlier under ").
- Attachment of barrel (simplied in L-40)
- Firing pin structure (has a button in end of it at L-40)
- Grip panels (all Finnish L-35 have "VKT" marking while Swedish M/40 have that "crown thingy" - with exception of "neutral" M/40 pistols which don't have any markings in grip panels).
- Markings

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.