Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure of the age involved? I believe that Landespolizei was Weimar era, but do not know for sure.

This kit is approx., 7 inches long by 3.5 inches wide.

It contains a metal pull through, cloth, cotton pull through, plastic tipped brush and a bottle of oil.

It says Landespolizei fur Wurttemberg-Hohenzollern on the lid, and on the inside and rear it has Malles Rolf, but no waffen stamps or year stamps.

Any help or if others have these?

Ed :p

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
These cleaning kits have identified as being West German in the past and have seen many of these during the past 25 years or so.
kk

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, didn't pay too much on e-bay recently, *almost* bought one at the Reno gun show for $100! So, now I need a post WW2 gun for it,

Ed

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes, i agree that kit is post war, i have one like it.the landpo are the state police i. e. land police of west gemany.

·
Registered
446 Posts
have 2 of them, Württemberg is one of our 16 counties in Germany! The Oil is typical for German guns : Ballistol is a oil for guns, but also for some healing of dogs and anymals if they are wounded.
This set was in use for the Walther PP/PPK´s and Unique Pistols in use after WWII by German Police.
Today Ballistol is not as good as other sintetik oils to prevent rust.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ed,

this cleaning box is definitely post war. To be exact: made between 1946 and 1952, as the state Württemberg-Hozenzollern was formed by the French military Government in 1946. In 1952 Würrtemberg-Hohenzollern and the other two post war formed south-west states Würrtemberg-Baden and Baden merged to the new federal state Baden-Württemberg. Consequently, Würrtemberg-Hohenzollern existed only for a short period.

Martin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts