Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently came across the above gun with a serial number of 35773. It is #1723 in A. B. Zhuk handgun book. It is marked with a crown N. It appears to be in very good shape. It is priced at $285.00 with a holster which to fit it. My question is that too much for this and is there any interest in collectors for it. I know that this is a dangerous gun to fire due the way it is constructed. There seems to several people on forum that quite knowledgeable.
Thanks, Ray

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ray,
Pictures would help alot!! How much blue is left? Is it Imperial marked? If it isn't a dog, that price is good. Many people say this is a dangerous gun to fire. Only if the screw becomes loose and the yoke pops up...If the yoke is going to become loose and pop up it will obscure the rear sight and you will know something is wrong. Usually that rear screw will not come loose. I love mine and have fired it over 500 times without the screw ever coming loose. I asked if it was Imperial marked (gothic letter on the side) because although it is said that the Army took all that were made, Lately I have seen two that were commercial. They are a bit rare!!

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not owned this gun yet or I would post pictures. I am
only trying find you guys if should purchase.
Ray

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, there is collector's interest in the FL Selbstlader. See the Central Powers board on here. If I saw one under $300 with a correct holster, I'd jump on it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ray-
In decent condition, I'd have to agree with the rest:
Buy it, and please post some photos when you are able.

Oh, and I'm glad someone else has seen a commercial
version, as they certainly do exist!

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have just checked this gun again and it's grips have two
holes in them. Otherwise it appears 80% or better. Do you think that I could find a set of grips that would be correct?
Also, think that the price would be fair?
Ray

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have just picked up above pistol and it does have crowned
gothic letter on the upper left side of the gun as you hold
it. I will post photos when I figure out to do it on this
forum. As I look at it now it may be reblued.
Ray

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ray;
If you feel competent to do it, you can mix up a mixture of Duco 15 min. epoxey and testors black paint and fill those holes. When it sets up you can gently cut the checkering with a triangular riffler file. You can even build up the chip off the side of the grip, file it to shape and polish with a plastic polish using a dremel tool. I have done this numerous times on Webley grips and some small spur trigger revolvers that it was impossible to get grips for. Takes a little practice, but comes out almost undetectable. That holster is quite unique...any manufacturer marks, home grown??

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dave,
No marks on the holster as you it may be home grown. Thanks for the
suggestion on the grips. What do think about replacement grips?
Ray

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Ray,
Some of the replacement grips are quite good. Just take a little time making sure they fit up right. Also, repro's are usually a little duller.... Again, with a small muslin wheel on a Dremel/Foredom tool and some plastic polish, they come up great.!!Don't throw away the originals though....they can be repaired!!

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.