Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just aquired late "S" # 3481 all matching along with original mag and capture papers dated Oct. 1945. Would of course like to locate mag number two to complete the rig. Thanks to all of you. Dave

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a note, The pics of this pistol are on the same note as my "36" Date . You may note that the side plate and sear bar are numbered externally.The barrel serial is alo larger and of a different font than the rest of the pistol numbers. I believ that this pistol may be one of the transitional numbered pistols referred to in Gibson. Any commments would apprechiated, thanks again all. Best Dave

·
Administrator
15,516 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi David and all,

David - based on what I think I can see on your pics (thanks Ed for posting), you may indeed have a transtion HK from one variation to the next. While not unique - they do indicate HK manufacturing, so my thanks for posting! As well, the pictures do show the MAG release very well, which stands out on how the fire-blue release (right side) differs from the rest of the frame blue.

I'd be very interested in some pictures of the toggle stamps, most especially on the transitional HK.

David - simply outstanding HKs from what I can see. Congratualtions!!!!

My Best Always,

John D.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi David and all,

David - based on what I think I can see on your pics (thanks Ed for posting), you may indeed have a transtion HK from one variation to the next. While not unique - they do indicate HK manufacturing, so my thanks for posting! As well, the pictures do show the MAG release very well, which stands out on how the fire-blue release (right side) differs from the rest of the frame blue.

I'd be very interested in some pictures of the toggle stamps, most especially on the transitional HK.

David - simply outstanding HKs from what I can see. Congratualtions!!!!

My Best Always,

John D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.