Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
803 Posts
I have observed that Nazi Hps in the 55000a and below generally have waffenamt marked mags. later than this number the marked mags become scarcer, and are normally unmarked well before they reach the 70000a range. I would expect yours to be unmarked, but it would be acceptable to have an early marked example.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aaron thanks for the help.I just bought a clip that is phosphate finish with a blue baseplate.It has the waffenamt marking.It should be here by the end of next week.My understanding is the late war ones have a blue tool marked finish.Is that correct?
A couple more questions if you dont mind.
How do you tell the difference between late war and clips issued immediatly after the war?
If you were in my shoes would you trade the clip I am getting for a late war?Are they worth the same?
Thanks so much for your help.

·
Banned
803 Posts
Late war German HP mags have a pretty rough finish, no markings, and of course, the two slits in the base plate. These slitted base plates were continued after the war in the Austrian police contracts, and these can be recognized because of their smooth commercial type finish, but they bear no markings. To my knowledge, the slits were eliminated and replaced by the center button in the base plate around 1950.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.