Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are late war HSc’s with straight line WaA 135, phosphate safety levers and brown EJO grips. Both have phosphate body magazines in a light grey green color , not like the post war French types. I have only seen one other that popped up retail years ago and then sold again recent from same retail seller. That one is 9 digits in serial away from one of these. Has anyone come across one or has one in their collection? What is odd to me is the range seems small on this particular parts pick. These two are about 125 digits apart in the middle of 949 block so there should be some more floating around out there. Brown grips are most seen post war French but I have owned 2 late war phosphate HSc’s , each of them had one black and one brown grips so the German production was using them. One of the guns has some minor spotting to the casting that I had not seen on others , but is not notable unless bright light is shined so that could be why I never noticed this. Odd too that a lot of phosphate late war HSc’s have blued safety levers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,999 Posts
The closest I have is in the 950 range. Upside down WaA135 and the whole pistol looks like it was dropped in a phosphate tank.

Funny enough it came in a numbered post war HSc box.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the boxing is odd but I also wouldn’t think those late guns ever left factory. Also in post war French phosphate guns looking minty and these pop up now and again . Where did these come from? If French used them in Vietnam they should look rougher from climate and some use before winding up here. Eventually someone else will come across one of these phosphate safety brown grip types, but seems there aren’t many of this parts pick end variety but still curious of any other scrambled end variations

·
Super Moderator
3,999 Posts
I think the French army, like most military organizations, refurbished and stored them for future use initially, only to be sold off to dealers in the end. Some would be as new, others used and others refurbished depending on their service life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts